With thousands of chefs competing in the job market, it is essential
to prove your culinary competency. Certification through the American
Culinary Federation demonstrates skill, knowledge and professionalism to
the food service industry.
ACF’s Professional Certification Program: learn the difference between an assessment-based certificate program, certificates of attendance, and a professional certification programs. Resource provided by ICE. Certification vs. Certificate
Watch the videos! Certification is not only
a benchmark for personal and professional achievement but it has also
become recognized as a standard of excellence in the industry.
Share the videos!
Download the clips and share them with others at chapter events or other
activities even when you do not have Internet access.
What ACF certification means to an employer
- Your skills and culinary expertise have reached a set benchmark
- You are well versed in culinary nutrition and food safety and
- You understand the responsibilities of culinary supervisory
- You recognize the importance of high standards for food
- You take charge of your professional development and career
Recent Certifications & Recertifications
Join ACF in congratulating cooks and chefs who have
been certified or recertified within the past 60 days.
Did you know that certified executive chefs (CEC) earn more than the
average professional chef? Use our salary calculator to predict your
potential annual salary with a CEC certification. Find out
how much you could be earning.