Accreditation for Culinary Arts and Baking and Pastry Programs
Accreditation by American Culinary Federation Education Foundation Accrediting Commission (ACFEFAC) assures that a program is meeting at least a minimum of standards and competencies set for faculty, curriculum and student services.
Benefits of Accreditation
- Creates public trust by ensuring
- Established standards
- Accountability and credibility
- High level of professionalism
- Up-to-date and current practices
- Marketing tool for recruiting students
- ACFEF accreditation acts as a third party endorser for federal funding
ACFEFAC is recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Learn More
Want to learn more? Complete our Accreditation Information Inquiry form to receive an information packet.
See What Programs Have Been Accredited
View ACFEF’s scheduled site visits.
Site Visit Best Practices
- Annual Reports are required to be submitted by all ACFEF Postsecondary Accredited / Secondary Certified programs between January 1 and May 1 each year.
Note: You will be exempt from submitting an Annual Report during the year in which you are scheduled for a Site Visit, as this information will be contained in your Self Study and be reviewed during the Site Visit.
- Follows these steps to process your Annual Report:
a. Complete the Annual Report and Professional Development Report document templates, using the links below.
b. Save the documents including your school name in the file name to be emailed.
Example: Annual Report Bishop State Community College. Abbreviate school name if necessary.
c. Email the completed documents and exhibits to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: As a part of our "Going Green" initiative, we will not be accepting mailed hard copies of
- Your Annual Report will be reviewed and you will be notified of the status. Any pending issues must come into compliance by June.
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Accreditation Department at (800) 624-9458. Thank you very much!
Accreditation Commission Meeting
The ACFEF Accreditation Commission was hosted by Rich’s Product Corporation in Buffalo, New York, for their July 2015 meeting.
From left to right: Chris Koetke, Brian Peffley, Michael Joseph, Tom Macrina, Cindy Cannon, Michael Carmel, Lori Weber, Wendy Laino, Cindy Cannon, Kris Shugart, Jackie Hamilton, Dana Baldwin, Bryan Frick, Nick Spinelli, Gene Fritz, Tom Capretta
The ACFEF Accrediting Commission Secondary Certification Subcommittee was hosted by Rich’s Product Corporation in Buffalo, New York, for their July 2015 meeting.
Left to right: Tom Macrina, Bruce Davis, George Dennis, Chris Plemmons, Wes Goodman, Michael Carmel, Lori Weber, Kris Shugart, Wendy Laino, Dana Baldwin, Brian Peffley, Bryan Frick
ACFEF accredited programs may purchase promotional banners and table runners bearing the ACFEF and school logos. Order Form
ACFEF Accreditation Newsletter
View the latest ACFEF Accreditation newsletters.
ACFEF Accrediting Commission Actions