Become an Apprentice
Apprenticeship is a combination of on-the-job training and related classroom instruction and requires no previous experience to enroll. Here are some benefits of enrolling in an ACFEF apprenticeship program:
- Participate in “earn while you learn” approach
- Receive mentoring from qualified supervising chef
- Develop documented culinary skills that are transferable within the industry
- Opportunity to receive nationally-recognized ACF certification upon completion
- Pursue career path with long-term growth potential
- Enjoy networking opportunities and benefits of becoming an ACF member
Apply for Apprenticeship
- Applicants must be a high school graduate or equivalent and meet the minimum age requirement of the program and/or state regulations.
- Find a program and contact the program coordinator who will guide applicants through the process.
- ACFEF apprenticeship and membership fees apply. View Details
- Complete a logbook documenting 4,000 (two-year program) or 6,000 (three-year program) work hours at assigned facility. The supervising chef will take apprentices through 10 stations that will include all aspects of what a professional chef needs to know to become qualified and ACF-certified.
- Apprentices will also complete 445 related instruction hours covering 11 competency areas that may be in a college classroom, qualified in-house instructor, or online.
- Upon program completion and supervising chef approval, apprentice is qualified to test for Certified Culinarian (CC), Certified Pastry Culinarian (CPC), Certified Sous Chef (CSC), or Certified Working Pastry Chef (CWPC). View graduation requirements.
For more information, visit our Frequently Asked Questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (800) 624-9458.
Get Our New Apprenticeship Training Modules and
The ACFEF Apprenticeship Program recently partnered with American
Technical Publishers to create National Apprenticeship Training
Program for Cooks. The educational resource is available in 10
individual modules or a complete book. More