Junior Culinarian Certifications
The American Culinary Federation Education Foundation (ACFEF) offers a certification for graduates of ACFEF Secondary Certified programs. Students are able to obtain a Certified Junior Culinarian (CJC) or a Certified Junior Pastry Culinarian (CJPC) certification if they meet certain requirements.
If your school has not used tests from the National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI), please contact their office at (800) 334-6283 to obtain and complete a memorandum of testing agreement.
After you have the memorandum completed, program coordinators will contact and make arrangements with NOCTI to administer the assessments.
- Graduate from an ACFEF Secondary Certified program.
- Pass a National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) written and practical exam. A passing score of 70% or higher is required on the written exam and a score or 75% or higher is required on the practical exam.
- No outside work experience is required for the certification.
Fee: Written Assessment Only
Paper/pencil administration: $26
Online administration: $19
Fee: Written and Performance Set
Paper/pencil administration: $30/set
Online administration and performance rating entry: $23/set
The written and practical exams were written by the ACFEF Secondary Committee to meet the knowledge requirements and competencies of the ACFEF Secondary Certified Programs.
The practical exam must be administered by a certified secondary instructor or by an ACF Certified Sous Chef (CSC) or higher with the support of the secondary instructor. Contact your local ACF chapter for a CSC referral.
The assessment results are to be returned with the application. Copies of each applicant’s official test results from NOCTI must be submitted with the form and payment for all certifications.
Please allow three weeks for processing certifications. Awards are mailed via U.S. mail. If special shipping is requested, the school will be responsible for mailing fees.
- A CJC or CJPC certificate is available for $35.
- Please contact the certification department for your free program graduation certificates.
The ACFEF encourages schools to recognize the student achievement by honoring students at school awards day, graduation, or culinary program ceremonies.
For more information, please call us at (904) 484-0246.