Baron H. Galand Culinary Knowledge Bowl
Showcase your school's culinary program by becoming the next national champion in the Baron H. Galand Culinary Knowledge Bowl. Student teams compete in a "Jeopardy"-style competition with questions covering topics such as nutrition, baking, culinary math, safety and sanitation, and the arts of classical and modern cooking. To compete for the national title, teams must enter and win in their respective regional competition.
- Student teams must be sponsored by an ACF chapter, ACFEF apprenticeship program or an ACFEF accredited post-secondary program.
- Team members must be currently enrolled in a culinary or hospitality program at an accredited post-secondary institution or apprenticeship program.
- Team members must have less than four years of professional cooking or baking experience and cannot have professional level certification higher than a certified culinarian or certified pastry culinarian.
Apply to Compete
Northeast and Southeast Regional Competitions:
ChefConnect: Charlotte, Feb. 25-27, 2018
Central and Western Regional Competitions:
ChefConnect: Newport Beach, Mar. 18-20, 2018
Regional winners will receive access to all education sessions during Cook. Craft. Create. ACF National Convention & Show, as well tickets for each team member and one coach to the President's Grand Ball.
Win tickets to the regional awards gala! All teams that register before or on Oct. 1, 2017, will be entered into a drawing to receive six (6) tickets to the Awards Gala at their respective ChefConnect event.
For more information, call (800) 624-9458 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
"It has helped develop teamwork, memory retention, improved academics, and culinary education, not to mention the resources and connections made during the ACF conferences."
Patrick Sanecki, coach, Guilford Technical Community College, Jamestown, N.C.
"It encourages teamwork, learning, and passion throughout practices and during the competition week. Students are excited to gain more and more culinary knowledge throughout the process!"
Joanna Bryant, coach, Grayson College, Denison, Texas
"I know that our students are very proud of participating in the Knowledge Bowl, and I believe that it instills a work ethic and confidence in them that they might not get otherwise."
Meghan Roddy, CEPC, coach, Utah Valley University, Orem, Utah
2017 Knowledge Bowl Teams
Competing at 2017 ACF ChefConnect: Chicago
- ACF Flint/Saginaw Valley Chapter, Flint, Michigan
- ACF Louis Joliet Chapter, Joliet, Illinois
- ACF Professional Chefs and Culinarians of the Heartland, Omaha, Nebraska
- Chefs de Cuisine Association of St. Louis Inc., St. Louis, Missouri
- Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Institute at Pulaski Technical College, Little Rock, Arkansas
- El Centro, Dallas, Texas
- Grayson College, Denison, Texas
- Indian Hills Community College, Ottumwa, Iowa
- Kendall College, Chicago, Illinois - WINNER
- Chefs de Cuisine Association of San Diego, Santee, California
- Utah Valley University Culinary Arts Institute, Orem, Utah - WINNER
- Walla Walla Community College, Walla Walla, Washington
Competing at 2017 ACF ChefConnect: New York
- ACF Eastern Long Island, Riverhead, New York - WINNER
- Hocking Technical College, Nelsonville, Ohio
- Owens Community College, Perrysburg, Ohio
- ACF Middle Tennessee Chapter, La Vergne, Tennessee
- ACF Southwestern Virginia Chapter, Roanoke, Virginia
- Guilford Technical College, Jamestown, North Carolina - WINNER
- The International Culinary School at The Art Institute of Atlanta, Atlanta