Listed below are the required textbooks for the 2018 competition.
Answers will be accepted from only the texts listed below:
- Culinary Arts Principles and Applications (2nd
Edition), by Chef Michael J. McGreal; published by American Technical
Publishers, ISBN 978-0-8269-4228-9. Website: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0826942288/americanculin-20.
Source for questions, all chapters excluding 2, 6 and 21.
- On Baking: A Textbook of Baking and Pastry Fundamentals
(3rd Edition), by Sarah R. Labensky, Eddy Van Damme, Priscilla A.
Martel; published by Prentice Hall, ISBN-10: 0-13-237456-0. Website: http://www.mypearsonstore.com/bookstore/on-baking-9780132374569.
Source for baking questions, all chapters.
- NRAEF, ServSafe Coursebook (text only, 6th Edition), National Restaurant Assoc. Educational Foundation; published by Prentice Hall, ISBN-10: 0133075834. Website: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0133075834/americanculin-20. Source for sanitation questions, all chapters.
- Escoffier: The Complete Guide to the Art of Modern
Cookery, by Cracknell & Kaufmann, ISBN-10: 0-471-29016-5, all
classical cooking questions with information taken directly from the
following chapters: 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7. Website: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0471290165/americanculin-20.
- Culinary Math Principles and Applications (2nd
Edition), by Chef Michael J. McGreal and Linda J. Padilla; published by
American Technical Publishers, ISBN: 978-0-8269-4211-1. Website: http://www.acfchefs.org/ACF/Resources/e-Store/Core/Orders/category.aspx?catid=6.
Source for all culinary math related questions.
- Culinary Nutrition Principles and Applications, by Trakselis and Stein; published by American Technical Publishers, ISBN: 978-0-8269-4221-0. Website: http://www.atplearning.com/Culinary-Nutrition-Principles-and-Applications-P713.aspx. Source for all nutrition-related questions from the following chapters: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.