ACF Student Team Competition
Participating in the student team competition is a fun way to put the
skills you’ve learned in the classroom to the test.
As a team competitor you demonstrate dedication and experience in the
culinary industry. Participation is an instant resume builder.
This year’s competitions promise to be more exciting and
challenging than ever. Each year a specific classical dish is assigned
which focuses on a different set of skills. More
ACF Student Team Championships: The History
Since 1992, the competition has molded
students into young professionals. More
The student team competition starts at the local level with state winners competing at their respective ACF Regional Culinary Salons. The winning team from each region earns the right to contend for the national title during the Cook. Craft. Create. Convention & Show.
To assure each region is well represented at the
national championships, the culinary competition committee is adamant
that interested competitors closely follow the established competition
championship guidelines. They are reprinted here for easy reference.
- Student teams interested in competing are required to register
annually with the ACF national office prior to September 14th (intent to compete forms are electronic submissions only, links provided below).
- Deadlines will be enforced for state competitions to assure ample
selection and preparation time for the regional contests.
- Only one team per state will be allowed to compete in regional
- Any state with more than one team interested in competing at the regional level must have a preliminary contest to determine who will represent the state at the regional level. If that state does not have more than one team, any team is invited to represent their state at the regional competition.
- Teams whose members or coaches are not confirmed ACF members in good
standing 30 days prior to state and regional championships will not be
allowed to compete in their respective championships. Teams and coaches
whose membership runs out during the 30-day period leading up to state
and regional championships, and do not renew their membership, will be
disqualified. Any team whose coach or any members of the team are not
ACF members on the day of competition will be disqualified regardless of
whether their dues were current at the 30-day mark or not. Dues must be
current on competition day. There will be no exceptions to this rule
effective immediately. It is the coach’s responsibility to confirm
membership status of each team member by contacting the ACF membership
department at the national office. This rule is non-negotiable and will
Registration Deadline: September 14
Student Team Intent to Compete Form
Student Team Competition Winners