Student Team Classical Dish Requirements
For the 2019 competition season, the assigned classical dish is the fish course. Effective dates for this dish are September 2018 – July 2019.
Classical Dish - #2023 Filets de Sole Véronique
- Teams will be allowed to use any variety of sole and any varietal of white grape to complete the classical dish.
- The changing of the scoresheets to reflect equal point values for all four courses.
- Teams will be required to use some of every item produced during the skills phase in their four course menus.
- Teams will need to prepare the classical dish at the state and regional level as prescribed by Auguste Escoffier’s Le Guide Culinaire.
- At the national level all teams will be required to prepare a modern version of Sole Veronique as their seafood starter.