Student Team Classical Dish Requirements
For the 2018 competition season, the assigned classical dish is the dessert course. Effective dates for this dish are August 2017-April 2018.
Classical Dish - #4713 Oeufs à la Neige (half recipe only)
- Reference recipe #4347 Ordinary Meringue (half recipe)
- Use eggs sized "large" for all recipe production.
- Read procedure carefully - Crème Anglaise base utilizes poaching liquid. Teams will be penalized for excessive waste if an additional Crème Anglaise recipe is produced unnecessarily.
- There will be some excess production beyond the four (4) required portions served. Teams will not be penalized for excess production as a result of following these two (2) classical dessert recipes correctly.
- NO additional dessert garnishes will be required or permitted for this course. Presentation guidelines are clearly stated within the original recipe (#4713) and should not be deviated from in the final presentation of the course for evaluation.