Deadline | Obtain an
Application | Fees | Application
The application deadline for induction into the American Academy of
Chefs for 2015 is December 31, 2014. Please
contact the Academy office if you have any questions at (904) 484-0202 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Obtaining an Application
To obtain an official American Academy of Chefs application, an
applicant must have an Academy Fellow request an application on the
individual’s behalf from the AAC National Office at (904) 484-0202. An applicant may not request his or her own
application, and all applications must be received by the national
office by December 31 of the year preceding induction.
- Application fee: $50 (non-refundable)
- The national office will not send the application until the fee has
- Induction fee: $350
- Submit with the application and all application materials
- Includes the AAC medal, ribbon, diploma, pin, and memorabilia item
of your induction dinner
- Does not include the cost of the Induction Dinner ticket
- This fee will be returned if you are not selected for induction
Please make checks payable to the American Academy of Chefs.
The formal application for election into the American Academy of
Chefs consists of six parts:
- General biographical information, including place of employment.
- Verification for the fulfillment of seven
mandatory requirements, including:
- A statement of intent to attend the Annual Academy Dinner and Medal
Ceremony, as well as the morning Induction Ceremony.
- Letters of sponsorship from two voting AAC Fellows in good standing
signed and dated within one year. Note: Voting Academy Fellows can sponsor only one
applicant within one year.
- Verification of the fulfillment of at least 10 of 20 Elective
- One copy of the Culinarian’s Code, signed and dated.
- The Chapter’s Verification of Application form signed by all
officers of the candidate’s chapter. Note: A chapter may sponsor an unlimited number of
- A notarized statement of formal application signed by the
Applications are valid for only one year (i.e. if an
individual requests an application for induction in 2015 and fails to
submit it by December 31, 2014, he or she must request a new
application). Also, all requirements must be met prior to submission of
application; if not, the application and induction fees will be returned
and must be submitted another year. Incomplete applications will not be
considered for admission. The induction fee of $350 will be returned if
the applicant is not selected for induction into the Academy.