All requirements must be met prior to submission of application.
- Must be certified as an ACF master chef,
master pastry chef, executive chef, executive pastry chef and/or
culinary educator for no less than two years. Must continue to renew
certification as required by ACF as of 1987.
- Must be in the culinary profession as a cook, working chef, or
culinary educator at an accredited school for no
less than 15 years. Ten of the 15 years must have been as an executive
chef at a full-service restaurant. A culinary educator must have served
five years as an executive chef in a full-service restaurant.
- Must be a member of the
American Culinary Federation a minimum of ten consecutive years. Must be
a member in good standing and remain so to retain AAC Fellowship.
- Must have attended any combination of four ACF regional
conferences and/or national conventions.
- Applicant must show intent to attend Annual Academy Dinner and
- Must be sponsored by two voting Academy Fellows. An Academy Fellow
is permitted to sponsor one new applicant per year. Academy Fellows must
submit a written recommendation of at least 100 words on the applicant's
- Must submit a complete, typed resume which will cover all the above
requirements. Must submit two 5"x7" photos, color or B&W, in white
toque and white chef's coat taken within the past year. Digital photos
are preferred. Photos may be in .jpg, .tif, or .eps format and must be
at least 300 dpi and no smaller than 5"x7". You may submit digital
photographs on CD-ROM or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.