Childhood Nutrition Day Events
Find a Childhood Nutrition Day event in your area on the list below. If you are hosting an event, be sure to register so we can add you to this list.
- School Cooking Club Kimberly Larson - contact Los Angeles, CADate: October 22 Description: The SChool Cooking Club, with direction from Chef Kim, will prepare a smoothie demo/tasting for the student body. They will also prepare and display the "Garden Station" to the students.
- Montessori School of Ojai Teaches Healthy Foods Sara MacCracken - contact The Montessori School of Ojai, Ojai, CADate: October 1-30, 2015 Description: Twice week, the children at The Montessori School of Ojai learn about healthy foods, including raw foods, smoothies and salads. There will be a special event on/near Childhood Nutrition Day starting with morning smoothies for the parents during morning drop off time.
- Good Food Project Menus Nathan Jordan Dirnberger, CPC, CEC - contact Colorado Springs, CODate: N/A (contact for details) Description: Colorado Springs School District 11 is celebrating this day through a week of Good Food Project Menus. Chef Nathan Dirnberger and his team will be working with elementary, middle and high school students on developing menu ideas and new programs for the cafeterias. School District 11 will also be working with the March of Dimes through Sous Chef Jason Mathis for their annual Signature Chefs Auction participating in the food portion of the event with one of the same meals they serve at schools.
- Gluten-Free Culinary Demonstrations Emmanuelle Suarez, CPC - contact Lake Worth High Schools, Lake Worth, FLDate: October 21, 2015 Description: Level 3 and 4 culinary students will prepare and demonstrate gluten-free chocolate chip cookies and gluten-free mini pizza using eggplants as the crust and other veggies as toppings to freshman students.
- Vegetable Garden Fun Vincent Blancato - contact Northwest Elementary School, Hudson, FLDate: October 16, 2015 Description: Northwest Elementary School has a vegetable garden as part of their 3rd grade project. On Oct. 16, Chef Blancato will sample the vegetables and talk to them about the nutrition benefits of each. Then, they will go back to their classrooms and write a sentence using an adjective to describe their tasting experience.
- Healthy Eating at School Jeffrey A. Quasha, CEC, CCA - contact West Chatham Elementary School, Pooler, GADate: October 15 Description: Jeffrey Quasha, executive chef, Morrison Healthcare, and a team of local chefs will take over the school cafeteria. They will prepare a menu of nutritious and local foods and educate school staff on healthy cooking techniques to encourage healthy eating among students. Registered dietitian Brittany Lightsey will provide nutrition resources for the lesson plans. Memorial Health, Morrison Healthcare, American Culinary Federation, Chefs of the Low Country, Savannah-Chatham County School Nutrition Program.
- Nampa Farmer's Market Nanci Jean Canary - contact Lloyd Square, 714th Ave South, Nampa, IDDate: October 17, 2015
- Feeding the Homeless Frederick N. Ferrara, CEC, CCE - contact Joliet Junior College, Joliet, ILDate: 10/12-10/23/15 Description: ACF Louis Joliet Chefs and student members at Joiliet Junior College make 500 pre-prepared and cooked meals that are then taken to two homeless shelters.
- Healthy Breakfast and Snack Alternatives Robert K Honeychurch, CSC - contact Ft. Riley Childcare Center, Fort Riley, KSDate: N/A (contact for details) Description: We will be doing fruit and yogurt parfait and smoothie stations at Ft. Riley Childcare Center. We will be prepping kiwis, strawberries and bananas, yogurt and granola. This event will showcase healthier alternatives for breakfast and snack and raise awareness of childhood nutrition.
- Inspiring Career Technical Education Ramon S. Herrera, CCE - contact Lincoln High School, Career Technical Building, Warren, MIDate: October 16, 2015 Description: The intention is to reinforce basic math, science, art, nutrition and job skill standards as an applied skill to inspire future students to Career Technical Education. Students will work in teams (team work) and will be given menu items. They will need to design a menu cover (art), cost out menu items (math), and talk about nutrition.
- ACF Cafeteria Take Over John Selick, IV, CEC - contact Warrensville Middle School, Cleveland, OHDate: October 15, 2015 Description: The ACF Cleveland Chapter is taking over the Warrensville Middle School cafeteria for breakfast on Thursday, October 15, 2015. InHarvest is donating their fantastic hot cereal Sunrise Blend which is high-protein feast of KAMUT® Brand Khorasan wheat, buckwheat groats, Colusari™ Red Rice, 100% whole grain quinoa flakes and whole brown flax seed. Dannon is donating yogurt, and Sirna & Sons is donating bananas to round out the healthy breakfast that will be cooked and served by ACF chefs.
- Whole Wheat Pizzas Brandon S. LaVielle, CCC - contact Concord International Elementary School, Seattle, WADate: N/A (contact for details) Description: Chef Brandon S. LaVielle, CCC, will be at Concord International Elementary School to talk about the benefits of eating healthy. Then he will help students make their own whole wheat pizzas.