Childhood Nutrition Day Events
Find a Childhood Nutrition Day event in your area on the list below. If you are hosting an event, be sure to register so we can add you to this list.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Amanda Peterson - contact 2210 Gellert Blvd. Suite 5102, South San Fransisco, CADate: October 30, 2014 3:00 PM Description: Working at a local day care and showing parents how to make yummy drinks that are nutritious for their children during the holidays and answering questions about other fun snacks they can serve to make the holidays more fun for little ones.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Kimberly Larson - contact Immaculate Heart High School, 5515 Franklin Avenue, Los Angeles, CADate: October 16, 2014 11:00 AM Description: Hands on fresh smoothie educational demonstration and tasting for 700 students during school lunch time in the school cafeteria.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Patricia J Tam - contact California Arts Museum, 2835 Vallecito Place, Oakland, CADate: October 16, 2014 Description: Hands on children's cooking class, supervised by students in culinary arts at Laney College. Working in conjunction with public schools and community college staff and culinary students event held at California Arts Museum.
- Bridges Academy Phoenix House Middle School Sandra M Lampert, CCE - contact 3045 Dona Susana Drive, Studio City, CADate: 10/17/2014 11:00 AM Description: "Boost Your BrainPower at Breakfast" to be held once again at Bridges Academy in Studio City,CA for the Phoenix House students-Middle School. We received a vitamix last year and we will make a strawberry/banana smoothie this year and a bagel/cheese/apple breakfast talking about good nutrition and hand out the Dairy Council workbooks.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Scot Rice - contact 2450 Del Paso Road Suite 150 , Sacramento, CADate: October 16, 2014 9:30 AM and 2:00 PM Description: "Healthy Starts at Home: Drink Smart" The group will be broken down into small groups to start the sugar overload activity lead by chef volunteers. At the end of the sugar overload activity the chef volunteers should use the discussion questions to reinforce the exercise. Chef volunteers will start activity 2 by demonstrating the simple process of creating healthy smoothies from various fruits and veggies. Samples will be passed to participants for tasting.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Blake E. Ellis, PCEC - contact 6151 Lake Osprey Drive , Sarasota, FLDate: October 16, 2014 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM Description: We would like to invite the children and teachers of Primrose Lakewood Ranch to join us in a hands-on class for local youth. We will be preparing healthy versions of the classics: Mac N Cheese (with butternut squash), Chicken Noodle soup (Demo) and from-scratch Caramel Apple Oatmeal cookies. Please let us know if you would be interested in participating in this very special event.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Dana Baldwin - contact Valley Ridge Academy, 105 Greenleaf Drive, Ponte Vedra, FLDate: October 28, 2014 Description: Sixteen 3rd graders will learn healthy hands-on food preparation through sweet and savory yogart dips with fresh veggies. They will also learn healthy grocery shopping by making lists.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Elizabeth M. Morvay-Leh - contact 130 Tuskawilla Road, Winter Springs, FLDate: October 3 - October 10, 2014 Description: Again this year my students are collecting healthy, non-perishable, individually-packaged food items (applesauce cups, juice paks, granola, Nutri-Grain bars,baby carrots, raisins, etc.) so we can stuff "Snack Paks" for Nutrition for Ronald McDonald House in downtown Orlando. We will deliver them on October 16th, Childhood Nutrition Day.
- ACF Junior Club Emmanuelle Suarez, CPC - contact Lake Worth Community High Culinary Academy, 1701 Lake Worth Road, Lake Worth, FLDate: October 17, 2014 Description: I will give a presentation on healthy drinks smoothie type using yogurt, kefir water, lime , lemon, honey,fresh fruits, and frozen fruits!
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Genie Worthman - contact 6501 Magic Way Building 500, Orlando, FLDate: October 18, 2014 Description: Healthy smoothy day. The children of Orange county schools will be able to use their milk and fruits for their lunch to make a healthy yummy smoothy and learn why it's important to drink your milk and eat fruits!
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Raymond (Ray) A Benton, CCE, HAAC - contact , 8309 Fox Hollow Drive, Port Richey, FLDate: October 1, 2014 and ongoing Description: 36 children participated in the garden with master gardeners helping to harvest sweet potatoes. We cleaned and bagged them. Each child took home 2 or 3 sweet potatoes to their parents. They planted the next vegetables, tomatoes, peppers and pole beans ready to harvest in 45 days. I will clean and slice the tomatoes and the peppers so they can taste fresh produce from the ground. Each child has two pails with their names to plant their veggies. We have over 100 pails in our garden with an automatic water sy
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Vincent Blancato - contact Northwest Elementary School, 3921 Rudder Way, New Port Richey, FLDate: 0ctober 17, 2014 2:30 PM Description: The 3rd Grade students at Northwest Elementary School, Hudson FL, will sample spinach, leaf lettuces, carrots, cucumber, celery, strawberries, broccoli and sunflower seeds. After each individual tastings they will then describe the sensory characteristic of each of the fruits and vegetables using descriptive adjectives. They they will tell me which part of the plant each fruit/vegetable represents.
- The ACF Chefs of the Low Country in partnership with Morrison Healthcare and Memorial Hospital Jeffrey A. Quasha, CEC, CCA - contact Memorial Hospital, 4700 Waters Avenue , Savannah, GADate: 10/16/2014 11:00 AM Description: The ACF Chefs of the Low Country in partnership with Morrison Healthcare and Memorial Hospital are sponsoring a chef and child day for over 800 students and teachers at East Broad Elementary School in Savannah, GA
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Tracy J. Thomas - contact D. H. Stanton Elementary School, 970 Martin Street, SE, Atlanta, GADate: 11/1/2014 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM Description: Fall Fitness Fun Fest. The event will focus on healthy nutrition and lifestyles. There are going to be fitness activities and guest speakers for our students and families.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Carol Whitaker - contact 77-165 Lako Street, Kailua-Kona, HIDate: October 25,2014 Description: Interactive Nutritious Cooking class for 5th graders
- ACF Champaign Urbana Professional Chef Ryan Rogiers - contact St. Joseph Grade School, 404 South 5th Street, St. Joseph, ILDate: 10/17/2014 2:30 PM Description: Demo and lecture with the 3rd grade class about nutrition and making healthy choices. I will bring the ingredients already prepped for a Black Bean Wrap and let them put them together. My stepson and I won a contest with the recipe last year and went to a state dinner for children at the White House.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Samuel Brown, CCC - contact The Children's Museum of Indianapolis, 3000 N. Meridian St., Indianapolis, INDate: October 19,2014 1:00 PM Description: 4 stations on healthy kid friendly menu options using veggies, grains, smoothies and growing a lettuce garden.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Leonard J. King, III, CEC - contact William Paca Elementary 200 N. Lakewood, Baltimore, MDDate: September 23, 2014 Description: Two classes 10:00 AM and 11:00 AM Senior Research Chef Len King , CEC. CRC McCormick & Co. "The Food of Troy's Garden and the Nutrition Connection". My Plate Discussion. " Food Aromas & Flavor". Demos and Hands on exercises. Construction and tasting of sweet potato tacos.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Kristin Jablonski - contact The Henry Ford College Baking Club, 5101 Evergreen Road, Dearnorn, MIDate: October 28, 2014 Description: The Henry Ford College Baking Club will present a demostration to the child care center on the campus of Henry Ford College about nutritional cooking and how to have a wide variety of fruits and vegetables in thier diets through the use of the rainbow. Also will be presented smoothies and question and answer session will follow the presentation for the children and adults that will be present. This will be a hands on presentation.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Lisa Long - contact , 1861 Wentzville Parkway, , MODate: October 16, 2014 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM Description: Kids learn to make smoothie from fresh fruits. The kids get to come into the kitchen and help make their smoothie. The kids will also get to jump rope, paint pumpkins and get their face painted.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Michael J. McGreal, CEC, CCE - contact Paseo High School, 4747 Flora, Kansas City, MODate: October 16, 2014 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Description: I will teach district high school food service workers how to prepare healthy meal options for kids in their elementary and secondary schools. Also, we will host a group of kids from each school to taste test and learn about making healthy food choices
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Ronna D Keck - contact 777 Burning Tree Drive , Kansas City, MODate: October 14, 2014 7:00 PM Description: A food drive at the monthly ACF Greater Kansas City Chef's Association meeting. The food will go to harvesters and to the the local food bank.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Stacy C. O'Neil - contact 600 First Executive Ave, Zumwalt East High School, St. Peters, MODate: October 10, 2014 Description: Healthy Cooking Demo for Fort Zumwalt East High School students. Held in the classrooms of Christine Melton.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Donald C. McMillan, CEC, AAC - contact Family Services, Inc., Child Development, 2050 Big House Gaines Blvd. , Winston-Salem, NCDate: October 16, 2014 7:30 AM Description: ACF Chefs of North Carolina will host a nutritious breakfast to over 1,400 children, parents, teachers, local atheletes and community leaders.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Kimberly L. Stoll, CEPC - contact Founders Park in the Village of Lake Park, Indian Trail, NCDate: October 18,2014 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM Description: Community fall festival; demonstration tent; food items and healthy choices geared towards children and non cooking parents; real food choices, seasonal varieties; easy after school snacks and kid friendly cooking ideas.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Michael Ty, CEC, AAC - contact 144 Westminster Way Taylor Robert Taylor Elementary School , Henderson, NVDate: October 9, 2014 7:30 AM Description: One of 13 Elementary Schools that our chapter serves breakfasts and fund raise to provide nutritionist to teach in the classroom to alleviate malnutrition and hunger through education and awareness. This program's goal is to help children build healthy behaviors while they are young. We serve almost 900 breakfasts to the children over each school year and one of the components is to provide them fruit and vegetable smoothies.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Paul L. Higgins, CEC - contact Mount Vernon High School, Mount Vernon, OHDate: October 15th,16th & 17th Description: Soups On..... A classroom demo followed by students preparing a basic vegetable soup using fresh local produce
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Robby S. Hooker, CEC, CCE - contact The Coppell Farmers Market, 768 West Main Street, Coppell, TXDate: October 18, 2014 8:00 AM - !2:00 PM Description: The Coppell Farmers Market will be celebrating Food Day by focusing on youth and nutrition at the farmers market on October 18th. This will be the fourth year the Coppell Farmers Market has joined in with many across the nation in a celebration of healthy, affordable, and sustainable food by targeting nutrition at "Food Day for Kids". This year, there will be a variety of kid-friendly, hands-on activities all morning, 8am to noon.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Brandon S. LaVielle, CCC - contact Arbor Heights Elementary, 5950 Delridge Way SW, Seattle, WADate: October 16, 2014 3:00 PM Description: We made vegan whole wheat pizzas with tons of healthy toppings including pineapple, cherry tomatoes, peppers, olives, and low sodium cheeses. I talked about the importance of portion control as well as nutritional information for all of the ingredients we used!
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Donald J. Olsen - contact , 700 N Madison St, Waunakee, WIDate: October 16, 2014 1:30 PM Description: 1st Chef to School visit by the MadCity ACF Chapter to Waunakeee. 3rd grade class demonstration ,recipes, nutrition, food tastings and sharing.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Irene T. Pawlisch, CC - contact 150 Bradley St., Fall River, WIDate: October 9, November TBA Description: Oct - Rutabaga mania. Third grade students will explore this common root vegetable and sample a roasted rutabaga honey mint salad sample.Nov - Squash donated by a local farmer.