Kyle Richardson, CEC, CCE, CHE, ACE, AAC
Candidate for Central Region Vice President
It is with great honor I accept the nomination to run for a second term as Vice President of the Central Region of the American Culinary Federation. I am extremely honored to accept this nomination on behalf of my family, my Chapter and all of the loyal members and associates of the Central Region. I have been a member over 25 years and will do everything in my power to make the ACF an even a better place for all members. I will be hardworking, honest and caring if reelected to this position.
Chef Kyle Richardson, CEC, CCE, CHE, ACE, AAC
Kyle Richardson is presently a professor of Culinary Arts at Joliet Junior College. He has been in the Hospitality business for 30 years starting as a prep cook busboy in a 4 star French restaurant Masons.
A Graduate of Washburne Trade School Culinary program in Chicago, he was born and raised in New Orleans and was Chef there for years. He was chef in such places as Upper Line, Dante by the River, Tom Norris and Renaissance Hotel. Was brought back to Chicago in the 80’s by the Roth Corporation to be the Executive Chef of the Black Hawk restaurant and soon to become their Corporate Chef & Executive Chef of the River Plaza location on the Chicago River. Richardson was chef in many Chicago restaurants and clubs such as Nick Fish market, Saddle and Cycle club, Barrington Hills Country Club, Ruth Lake Country Club and the Du Page Club. He was corporate mentor for Sunrise Corporation in restaurant and dinning development. Richardson also owned his own restaurant and bakery called Crescent City in Carol Stream, Ill., up until 2000.
Chef Richardson has had many professional and community awards and recognitions through out his years in the hospitality industry. He is also authoring his own book on Club chefs in America and Nutritional awareness.
- Central Region Vice President ACF 2011 & 2012
- National Chair Apprenticeship committee ACF 2008–present.
- Inducted into American Academy of Chef honor society 2009
- President of the Illinois Louis Joliet Chapter of the American Culinary Federation 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010
- Chefs move to schools member ACF National and Michelle Obama
- Spokes person for the American Heart association for Nutrition dealing with Stroke, Child obesity and women’s heart disease.
- Presidential Medallion recipient American Culinary Federation 2007
- Inducted Member of Les Amis d’ Escoffier Society
- Treasure Chicago Culinary Museum and chefs Hall of Fame
- Regional Finalist Educator of the Year ACF
- Regional Finalist Professionalism award ACF
- Culinary Silver Medal winner 2005
- Culinary Bronze Medal winner 2004
- Culinary Coach for Junior Hot foods Team, 2000–present: 8 state championships in 11 years, Central region Champions 2010 and 2nd place National Finals 2010
- Awarded Outstanding Illinois Educator 2001
- Awarded Chapter Chef of the Year from the Louis Joliet chapter of the ACF 2002
- Awarded Chapter Board member of the year from the Louis Joliet chapter of the ACF 2003 & 2004
- Awarded Chapter Member of the year from the Louis Joliet chapter of the ACF 2005
- Awarded Honorary Faculty member Elgin community College
- Hold’s professional certifications as Certified Executive Chef, Certified Culinary Educator, Certified Hospitality Educator, Approved Certification Evaluator and American Academy of Chefs
- People’s choice award Taste of Elegance 2006 & 2008
- Culinary Mentor for Sunrise corporation 1998 thru 2000