Kyle Richardson, CEC, CCE, AAC
Professor, Culinary Arts, Joliet Junior College, Joliet, Illinois
ACF Louis Joliet Chapter
“I have been an ACF member for more than 30 years and wish to continue building and forging us in the future. I have held multiple board positions, starting with my local chapter in roles that included president. On the national level, I have been a strong advocate for the military, students, professional chefs and pastry chefs in my position as chair of the ACFEF Apprenticeship Committee and Central Region vice president. I would like to continue working on many of these items as your national secretary. ACF is at a critical point in our history, and I wish to be a part of the transition to a strong and exciting future.”
Kyle Richardson, CEC, CCE, AAC, is presently a professor of Culinary Arts at Joliet Junior College. He has been in the Hospitality business for 30 years starting as a prep cook busboy in a 4 star French restaurant Masons.
A Graduate of Washburne Trade School Culinary program in Chicago, he was born and raised in New Orleans and was Chef there for years. He was chef in such places as Upper Line, Dante by the River, Tom Norris and Renaissance Hotel. Was brought back to Chicago in the 80s by the Roth Corporation to be the Executive Chef of the Black Hawk restaurant and soon to become their Corporate Chef & Executive Chef of the River Plaza location on the Chicago River. Richardson was chef in many Chicago restaurants and clubs such as Nick Fish market, Saddle and Cycle club, Barrington Hills Country Club, Ruth Lake Country Club and the Du Page Club. He was corporate mentor for Sunrise Corporation in restaurant and dinning development. Richardson also owned his own restaurant and bakery called Crescent City in Carol Stream, Illinois, up until 2000.
Chef Richardson has had many professional and community awards and recognitions through out his years in the hospitality industry. He is also authoring his own book on Club chefs in America and Nutritional awareness.
- Central Region Vice President ACF 2011–2015, currently serving.
- US representative on the education committee for WACS
- National Chair Apprenticeship committee ACF 2008–2015.
- Winner of Illinois excellence award 2014
- Inducted into American Academy of Chef honor society 2009
- President of the Illinois Louis Joliet Chapter of the American Culinary Federation 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010
- Chefs move to schools member featuring the ACF National Office and Michelle Obama
- Spokesperson for the American Heart association for Nutrition specializing with Stroke, Child obesity, and women’s heart disease.
- Presidential Medallion Recipient, from President John Kinsella in 2007
- Inducted Member of Les Amis d’ Escoffier Society
- Treasure Chicago Culinary Museum and Chefs Hall of Fame
- ACF Regional Finalist Educator of the Year
- ACF Regional Finalist Professionalism award
- Culinary Silver Medal winner, 2005
- Culinary Bronze Medal winner, 2004
- Awarded Outstanding Illinois Educator 2001
- Awarded ACF Chapter Chef of the Year from the Louis Joliet Chapter, 2002
- Awarded ACF Chapter Board member of the year from the Louis Joliet Chapter, 2003 & 2004
- Awarded ACF Chapter Member of the year from the Louis Joliet Chapter, 2005
- Awarded Honorary Faculty member Elgin community College
- Currently holds several professional certifications as Certified Executive Chef, Certified Culinary Educator, Certified Hospitality Educator, Approved Certification Evaluator and American Academy of Chefs
- People’s choice award Taste of Elegance, 2006, 2008
- Culinary Mentor for Sunrise Corporation 1998–2000