Knowledge Bowl Game User’s Guide
How to Start
To start the Knowledge Bowl Game, run the CD or open KnowledgeBowl.html.
Selecting a Game
After you start the Knowledge Bowl Game, the game selection screen will be displayed. Click on the “+” sign beside “Practice Game” to start.
Using the Game Board
Several different pieces make up the game board:
- Scoreboard: in the upper left half of the header area, the scoreboard displays team names and scores. There are buttons to add points to and subtract points from each team’s score, as well as a special “*” button which has several functions as outlined below.
- Close Game Button: in the upper right corner of the header area. Clicking on this red and white “X” button will take you back to the game selection screen.
- Special Buttons: in the red bar below the scoreboard, these buttons have special functions:
- Team Names: click this button to change a team’s displayed name on the scoreboard. Enter the new name in the text box that appears, then click the team’s “*” button. Note: team names may be no longer than 23 characters.
- Adjust Score: click this button to adjust a team’s score. Enter the new score in the text box that appears, then click the team’s “*” button. The new score will not be assigned if the text box contains anything other than numerals.
- Set BG Points: appears only if a background image with a point value greater than 0 is specified for the current game. The button is yellow when active. To assign points for a correct guess of the background image, click this button, then click the team’s “+” or “−” button to add or subtract points.
- Category Headings: immediately below the red bar, each of the five category names is displayed.
- Question Squares: each column contains up to five question squares with values ranging from 10–50 points. Clicking one of these squares will open the question associated with it.
When you select a question to open, it will be displayed in a new window. To view the answer to the question, click the “show answer” link in the lower left corner of the question window. To return to the game board, click the “close question” link in the upper right corner of the question window.
You may add or subtract points either before or after closing a question window. Simply click the “+” or “−” for the appropriate team.
A question square on the game board becomes invisible after it is clicked, but the question can be reopened by clicking the area on the game board where the question square was displayed.
A printable answer sheet [PDF] is available for use by instructors.