Open Scallop and Crab Ravioli with Citrus Butter Sauce
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: James Decker, CEC, AAC
The National Culinary Review, October 2009
1 1/4 cups flour + extra for kneading dough, dusting scallops
1 medium egg
1/2 t. salt
1 t. vegetable oil
2 T. unsalted butter
1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
1/2 t. minced garlic
12 large scallops, each sliced into 3 disks
12 pieces jumbo lump crabmeat
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Zest and juice of 1 lime
2 T. white wine
1 T. finely diced parsley
Salt and pepper. to taste
1 tomato. peeled, seeded, diced
Dill sprigs, for garnish
1) Put 1 1/4 cups flour in food processor. Whisk together egg, salt and vegetable oil. With motor running, slowly add wet ingredients to flour. Process until dough comes together in ball; process for 1 minute to knead dough. Turn out on floured surface; continue to knead by hand for 1 more minute.
2) Feed dough through pasta machine until 1/32 inch or less. With round 3-inch cutter, cut 12 pasta rounds from dough.
3) Just before serving, cook pasta rounds in generous amount of rapidly boiling salted water until done. about 2 minutes. Remove from water; drain until needed.
4) In large sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic; sweat until translucent. Dredge scallops in flour; add to pan. Cook scallops until each side is lightly browned. Add crab; heat for 30 seconds. Add zests and juices, wine and parsley. Simmer 30 seconds more. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5) Per serving: Place pasta round on bottom of dinner plate or shallow soup bowl. Lay 3 slices scallop and 1 piece crab on top of pasta. Spoon on small amount of sauce. Add another layer of pasta, 3 more scallops and another piece of crab. Top with a little more sauce. Cover with final pasta round; garnish with diced tomato and fresh dill.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.