Israeli Chicken with Mango Paprika Couscous
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Rick Perez, Dole Corporate Chef/R&D Culinary Consulting; Jamestown, North Carolina
The National Culinary Review, September 2014
2 T. dry Mediterranean blend seasoning
1 T. Baharat seasoning or Chinese five-spice seasoning
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
5 T. olive oil, divided
1½ cups water
2 t. paprika
1½ cups (12 oz.) uncooked couscous
3 cups DOLE® Frozen Mango Chunks, partially thawed
¹/3 cup sliced green onion
2 t. black sesame seed
1. In small bowl, combine Mediterranean and Baharat seasonings.
2. Place each chicken breast half between two sheets plastic wrap; pound to ¼-inch thickness. Remove wrap. Brush both sides chicken pieces with 1 T. olive oil; sprinkle with seasoning mixture.
3. In large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat in 2 T. olive oil, cook chicken in two batches, 3-4 minutes per side, until brown and no longer pink in center.
4. Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine water, remaining 2 T. olive oil and paprika. Bring to a boil; remove from heat. Stir in couscous; cover for 5 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork. Stir in mango chunks and green onion.
5. Cut chicken in ½-inch slices; serve over couscous mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.