Almond Crusted Sea Bass
You must log in to upload a photo.
(5.0/5) Log in to rate this recipe!
Submitted by Christopher L. Rolin, CSC
FOR THE ALMONDS:
1/2 cup chopped roasted almonds
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 pinch red pepper flakes
FOR THE MANGO-BASIL BUTTER SAUCE:
1/2 mango - peeled, seeded and diced
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 fresh large basil leaves
2Tablespoons Sweet Whole Butter
FOR THE SEA BASS:
1 pound fresh sea bass, cut into 4 pieces
Freshly Ground Salt and Black Pepper to taste
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
For the Almonds
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2) In a food processor, combine almonds, bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon olive oil, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Process until smooth.
For the Sauce:
1) In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine mango, cream, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until thickened.
2) Place mango reduction in a blender; add basil, blend until smooth, then add butter. Season to taste with salt.
3) Keep warm for service.
For the Fish:
1) Season fish with salt and black pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and crushed garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Sear the sea bass on both sides, and remove from heat.
2) Transfer fish to preheated oven, and roast until cooked through. Cover the sea bass with the almond crust, and return to the oven until crust browns. Lace with the mango-basil butter sauce as desired.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.