Indonesian Chili Shrimp
You must log in to upload a photo.
(5.0/5) Log in to rate this recipe!
Submitted by Edilerman A. Molina, CEC, CCA
From the Chef
“you can marinate shrimp with corn starch and coconut milk. then saute”
2 tablespoons sunflower-seed oil
2 garlic clove, finely chopped
4 shallot, finely chopped
3 dried red chilies
1 fresh gingerroot, 1 inch piece, finely chopped
18 ounces large shrimp , shelled and deveined
1/4 cup canned coconut milk
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
salt, to taste
1 bell peppers assorted, julienned
1 onions, julienned
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon pinot grigio
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 pinch sesame seeds black and white, garnish
1 pinch togarashi seasoning, garnish
1 pinch green onions, garnish
1. Heat the oil in a preheated wok or large, heavy-bottom skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, shallots, chilies, and ginger and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until the shallots are slightly soften.
2. Add the raw shrimp and stir-fry for an additional 3-5 mins. or until the shrimp have turned pink.
3. Deglaze with lime juice , wine , vinegar and sesame oil.
4. Add the coconut milk and stir in the cooked shrimp together with the ground coriander and fresh cilantro.
5. Season to taste with salt and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 5 mins. or until heated through.
7. Saute red peppers and onions in oil and toss together.
8. Serve with cilantro lime rice.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.