Mascarpone Sauced Pasta
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Diane Halferty, Chef, Culinary Adventures, LLC, Corpus Christi, Texas
The National Culinary Review, October 2013
4 T. butter, divided
1 lb. mixed mushrooms (chanterelle, oyster, shiitake)
½ lb. thin asparagus spears, cut in 3-inch lengths
1 lb. pasta (of choice)
1 T. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
8 oz. Crave Brothers Farmstead Classics Mascarpone Cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup whipping cream
Reserved water from pasta pot
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 T. finely chopped fresh chives
1 cup diced tomatoes
1. In 12-inch skillet over medium heat, melt 3 T. butter. Add mushrooms; saute, stirring occasionally, just until begin to sweat. Remove from heat; set aside.
2. In medium sauce, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; simmer 2-3 minutes. Drain; set aside.
3. Cook pasta al dente. Drain (reserve at least 1 cup water).
4. In same pot over medium heat, melt together 1 T. butter and 1 T. oil. Add garlic; cook about 3 minutes, until soft but not brown, stirring occasionally. Add mascarpone and cream; stir until smooth. Add pasta water a little at a time to desired thickness. Cook over low heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese; add salt and pepper. Add mushrooms with pan juices and asparagus; stir to combine. Heat through. Add pasta; toss to coat evenly.
5. Sprinkle with chives and diced tomatoes. Serve immediately.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.