Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Antico Forno, Boston
The National Culinary Review, January 2016
1 stick butter
6-8 T. flour
2 cups heavy cream
6 cups tomato sauce, divided
¼ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
¼ cup grated Romano cheese
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 seeded zucchini
1 seeded summer squash
½ white onion
½ red onion
Olive oil, to coat vegetables
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 small bag cleaned spinach
1½ boxes lasagna sheets
1 lb. shredded mozzarella
1) To make bechamel: Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Add flour; cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Whisk in cream slowly, until mixture thickens. Strain into large bowl; cool. Mix cooled bechamel with 5 cups tomato sauce, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and Romano cheese.
2) Medium-dice red pepper, yellow pepper, zucchini, summer squash, white onion and red onion; toss with olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast at 350ºF for 20 minutes until tender. Add spinach. Cool vegetables.
3) Cook lasagna sheets in large pot of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes, or until al dente. Strain; rinse under cold water. Pat dry with kitchen towel; drizzle with olive oil.
4) In greased 9x13-inch baking dish, layer lasagna as follows: tomato mixture, lasagna sheets, vegetables, mozzarella, tomato mixture. Repeat at least four times until reach top of baking pan. Add remaining cup tomato sauce; top with mozzarella.
5) Cover with aluminum foil; bake at 350ºF for 50 minutes. Remove foil; continue baking for 20 minutes, untilcrust is golden. Remove from oven; rest about 20 minutes before slicing.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.