Modern Tournedos Henri IV
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Sizzle, Spring 2016
4 T. potato starch
1 qt. seasoned potato skin stock
3 black peppercorns
2 T. white wine vinegar
1 sprig tarragon
2 T. water
3 egg yolks
6 oz. clarified butter
6 oz. artichoke hearts, cooked
2 oz. broth, hot
Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
1 oz. tarragon leaves
1 oz. extra virgin olive oil
1 oz. tarragon oil
2 oz. breadcrumbs, lightly toasted
Fried bread disc
1 oz. clarified butter
1 slice Pullman bread, very thin
Grilled fillet of beef
6 oz. beef fillet
1. Add potato starch to cold stock. Heat mixture, stirring continuously, until a thick gel is achieved.
2. Pipe gel in ¼-inch-thick chip shapes on Silpat. Dry in cool oven until transparent.
3. Fry at 330°F until crisp. Reserve.
For bearnaise foam:
1. Combine peppercorns, vinegar, tarragon sprig and water in small pan. Place on heat; reduce by half. Strain. In stainless steel bowl, put 1 oz. wine vinegar infusion and egg yolks.
2. Place bowl over pot of steaming water; whisk vigorously until egg yolks draw standing ribbon. Remove from pot.
3. Slowly incorporate clarified butter into egg yolk mixture until emulsified.
4. Pour completed bearnaise sauce into1-liter foam canister.
5. Add two charges or appropriate charges for canister system. Reserve.
For artichoke puree:
1. Put cooked artichokes and broth in blender; puree.
2. Season to taste. Hold hot.
For tarragon oil:
1. In blender, add tarragon leaves and olive oil.
2. Puree; reserve.
For tarragon crumbles:
1. Mix tarragon oil with breadcrumbs. Reserve.
For fried bread disc:
1. In skillet, heat clarified butter. Add bread slice.
2. Fry bread slice to desired color. Reserve.
For grilled fillet of beef:
1. Season fillet with salt and pepper.
2. On preheated grill, add oil, then fillet. Grill to desired doneness.
1. Cut fillet in half. Place one half on plate, a third of distance from left side of plate rim.
2. In front of fillet half, draw line with tarragon oil. Place second fillet half leaning over line on other half.
3. Lay fried bread disc flat on plate in front of fillets.
4. Use siphon to pipe bearnaise sauce to left of bottom fillet.
5. With artichoke puree, draw exclamation shape toward fillet.
6. Place transparent potato chips on top of fillet.
7. Sprinkle tarragon crumbs to balance composition.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.