Cinnamon Crusted Salmon with Sun-Dried Tomato Risotto & Carrots
You must log in to upload a photo.
(5.0/5) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Douglas Walls, Catering and Private Chef in Black Mountain, NC
From the Chef
“Served in a bowl of sun-dried tomato risotto topped with McCormick Culinary Dill Weed-seasoned carrots, Chef Douglas Wall’s Cinnamon Crusted Salmon seafood entrée will have diners swimming through your doors, just in time for the busy holiday season. Treat their tastebuds to these seasoned filets, spiced with McCormick Culinary Zesty Pepper, Ground Cinnamon, Black Ground and Cayenne Pepper.”
Cinnamon Crusted Salmon
4 ounces Salmon, filets
½ cup McCormick Culinary Zesty Pepper Seasoning Blend
½ cup McCormick Culinary Cinnamon, Ground
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
¼ cup McCormick Culinary Pepper, Black Ground
½ cup McCormick Culinary Cayenne Pepper
Sun-Dried Tomato Risotto
1 ounce Sun dried tomatoes
1 cup Water
2 cups Chicken broth
½ cup Heavy cream
½ cup Shallots, minced
1 each Garlic clove, minced
3 tablespoons Unsalted butter
1 cup Arborio rice
¼ cup Parmesan, freshly grated
4 cups Heirloom carrots
1 tablespoon McCormick Culinary Dill Weed
1 tablespoon Canola oil
*For a yield of 24 servings multiply all ingredients by 6.
For the Cinnamon Crusted Salmon:
1. Season salmon filets with seasoning. Melt butter in sauté pan, sear salmon and cook to medium rare-medium.
For the Carrots:
1. Slice carrots in half, toss in oil and dill, roast in oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
For the Sun-Dried Tomato Risotto:
1. In a small saucepan simmer the tomatoes in the water for 1 minute then drain and chop.
2. In a saucepan melt the unsalted butter and add shallots and garlic. Sauté until translucent. Add the rice, stirring until each grain is coated with butter, and mix in the tomatoes. Add chicken stock (½ cup) and cook the mixture over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until the liquid is absorbed. Until the rice is tender, continue adding the liquid, ½ cup at a time, stirring constantly and letting each portion be absorbed before adding the next. Add cream, parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.
1. In a bowl place the sun-dried tomato risotto and top with heirloom carrots and cinnamon crusted salmon.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.