Pink and White Poached Apples
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Joshua Wickham, CEC, CEPC, WCC
Sizzle, Winter 2013
4 cups simple syrup
1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
25 Red Hots candies
1. Heat syrup; add split vanilla bean and scrapings. Simmer 10 minutes.
2. Divide syrup into two 2-cup portions. Pour into separate saucepans.
3. Add candies to one pot; simmer until dissolved.
4. Bring both pots of syrup to 180°F.
5. Parisian-scoop apples. Poach half in one pot, half in the other until tender.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.