ACF Today, Vol. II, No. 25
December 10, 2004
In this edition . . .
* Deadline to nominate national ACF officers is fast approaching!
* Apply for the Culinary Knowledge Bowl by Dec. 31
* Practical exams for certification offered at regional conferences
* ACF Educators Clinics at each regional conference next year
* ACF's e-store offers new seasonal and sale merchandise
* Discounts on IBM equipment for ACF members through the end of year
Dec. 31 Is Deadline to Nominate Chefs for National ACF Office
The American Culinary Federation seeks nominations for all offices on its national board of directors, plus the office of vice-chair of the American Academy of Chefs (which is not part of the board). Nominations for all offices of the American Culinary Federation are open until December 31, 2004. Terms for ACF national office are four years, from mid-2005 to mid-2009. Terms for American Academy of Chefs offices are two years, from mid-2005 to mid-2007. ACF's board of directors will be seated at the 2005 ACF National Convention in San Antonio, Texas, July 30-Aug. 3.
Seats for ACF national office are:
* Vice President, Central Region
* Vice President, Northeastern Region
* Vice President, Southeastern Region
* Vice President, Western Region
Any ACF member in good standing may nominate one or more ACF members in good standing for one or more of the above seats.
Seats for Academy national office are:
* Vice-chairman (no vote on board of directors)
Any Academy member in good standing may nominate one or more Academy members in good standing for one or both of the above seats.
Nominations must be in writing, and must be sent via U.S. mail or express service. Nominations postmarked later than December 31, 2004, will not be considered.
Written nominations must be mailed to:
Frederik J. Lucardie, CEC, AAC
3603 South MacDill Avenue
Tampa, FL 33629-8907
For more information, contact ACF at (800) 624-9458, firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply to Compete in Regional Baron H. Galand Culinary Knowledge Bowls by Dec. 31
The deadline to apply to compete in the regional 2005 Baron H. Galand Culinary
Knowledge Bowls is December 31. Applications, available online at www.acfchefs.org/download/documents/awards/2005_Knowledge_Bowl.pdf,
will be accepted by fax or mail. Registration fee is $100.00. Mailed applications
must by postmarked by Dec. 31 and mailed to American Culinary Federation, 180
Center Place Way, St. Augustine, FL 32095. Applications will be accepted by fax
to (904) 825-4758 until 5 p.m. ET on Dec. 31. For more information, contact ACF
at (800) 624-9458, email@example.com.
Practical Exam for ACF Certification Offered at Regional Conferences
The ACF certification practical exam will be offered at each of the upcoming
regional conferences. Registrations will be accepted on a first-come basis until
spaces are filled. For more information or to register, contact ACF at (800) 624-9458,
If you are a registered practical examiner or examiner apprentice and are taking
the exam to fulfill the requirements to become a practical-test examiner, the
$50.00 registration fee is waived. Also, the two required practical-exam classes
for practical test examiners will be offered at each of the regional conferences.
(You do not need to pre-register to attend these classes.) For more information,
contact ACF at (800) 624-9458, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Educators Clinics Offered at All Four 2005 Regional Conferences
Register now for ACF's regional Educators Clinics at any of the four upcoming
2005 ACF Regional Conferences. Presented by professional educators, these clinics
will be packed full of education trends and techniques required by modern culinary
educators. The eight-hour format is ideal for in-service training requirements
of most secondary and postsecondary institutions, and can be used to partially
satisfy the education-development-training requirement for ACF's certified secondary
culinary educator (CSCE) and certified culinary educator (CCE). For more information
or to register contact ACF at (800) 624-9458, email@example.com, or register online
at www.acfchefs.org. The registration fee is $125.00, which includes lunch.
ACF's e-Store Offers Great Holiday Gift Items!
A host of new merchandise has been added to ACF's online e-store at www.acfchefs.org/eshop.html.
Examples of distinctive ACF items (plus some popular items that have recently
been discounted) are:
* 100% cotton Short Sleeve Denim Shirt, #ME177, $30
* 100% cotton Long Sleeve Denim Shirt, #ME194, $30
* 10oz. Silver Travel Mug with ACF Logo, #ME185, $8
* ACF Coaster Set, #ME132, $15
* Neckerchief, #ME176, $9
* ACF Neckerchief Slide, gold #ME137G or silver #ME137S, $8
* Mini Organizer, #ME199, $15
* Knife & Fork Lapel Pin, #ME181, $10
* Chef Lapel Pin - Pewter & Brass, #ME192, $12
* ACF Money Clip, #ME179, $12
* ACF Clip Watch, #ME180, $12
* ACF Key Chain, #ME047, $8
Also, show your support of ACF Culinary Team USA 2004's recent World Championship win in hot food at the 21st "Culinary Olympics"!
* Culinary Team USA 2004 Bear, #Team 07, $10
* Culinary Team USA Black Caps, #Team 16, $15
* Culinary Team USA Stone Caps, #Team 17, $15
* Culinary Team USA Navy Caps, #Team 20, $15
* Culinary Team USA Poster, #Team 22, $8
* Culinary Team USA Postcards (set of 10), #Team 21, $6
* Culinary Team USA Notecards (15 cards), #Team 23, $12
* Culinary Team USA Bomber Jacket, #Team 19, reg. $55, NOW $50
Academy Items ON SALE:
* AAC Ivory V Neck Sweater Vest, #AA018, reg. $40, NOW $30
* AAC White Cap, #AA019, reg. $15, NOW $10
* AAC Black Cap, #AA020, reg. $15, NOW $10
* AAC Solid White Polo Shirt, #AA022, reg. $27, NOW $20
* AAC White Polo Shirt with Blue Trim, #AA017, reg. $35, NOW $25
Prices include shipping (via USPS) to addresses in the contiguous United States only.
Receive a Special ACF Discount on Computer Notebooks!
As an ACF member, enjoy savings of 20% off select award-winning ThinkPad®
X and T Series IBM notebooks and select innovative ThinkCentre M and S series
desktops through the end of December only. Take advantage of discounts of 10%
to 15% on hundreds of other IBM products and services, including notebooks, desktops,
software, servers and accessories. Standard shipping is included when you order
any PC or PC accessory online (U.S. only). Visit www.acfchefs.org/partners/affinity.cfm
American Culinary Federation
Through the ACF Today e-newsletter, the federation will provide members with regular news alerts and timely information on products and services offered by the American Culinary Federation and its partners. If you do not wish to receive the newsletter, please reply to this e-mail with REMOVE in the subject header.