The Culinary Insider - March 16, 2009 (Vol. VII, Issue
2009 ACF Board of Directors Elections
The 2009 ACF
Board of Directors election ballots will be mailed on May 1. Please make
sure your member profile has your current address by March 31, as
ballots will mail to the address ACF has for you on file.
The Board of Directors, consisting of highly qualified professional
chefs from around the country, oversees the direction of the ACF and its
subsidiaries by working with the national staff and ACF chapters to
ensure the organization’s growth. Get to know your 2009 nominees.
The new Board of Directors will be installed at the ACF National
Convention in Orlando, Fla., July 11–14.
Discount Deadlines Approaching for Western & Southeast Regional
The 2009 ACF Western Regional Conference is quickly approaching.
Register by March 30 and save $75 off the regular-registration rate. Book
your room at the Doubletree Hotel Seattle Airport before March 20 to take advantage of the discounted rate of $139 per night.
Register for the 2009 ACF Southeast Regional Conference by April 13 and save $75 off
the regular-registration rate. Book your room at the Hilton Charlotte
Center City by March 27 to receive the ACF discounted
rate of $139 per night.
CAFE’s Summer Program for Professional Foodservice Trainers
CAFE offers 5 weekend events in 2009 delivering topics and trends
critical to your successful professional development.
- CAFE’s 5th-Annual Leadership Conference, J&W University,
- Front-of-House Operations, CIA, Hyde Park, N.Y.
- Food and Breads of the World, Florida Culinary Institute
- Global Cuisines, Kendall College, Chicago
- Edible Art, Professional Culinary Institute, San Jose, Calif.
Earn ACF continuing-education hours! Click Events at
www.CafeMeetingPlace.com for more information.
Nutrition Refresher with a Twist
This eight-hour nutrition session, sponsored by the Chef & Child
Foundation, has been repackaged for the ACF Western Regional Conference.
The multi-seminar session will review nutrition demands of the
increasingly health-conscious consumer while fulfilling the nutrition
requirements for ACF certification. Nutrition experts will present a
four-part session exploring vegetarian lifestyles, obesity, food
allergies and an overview of basic nutrition. A special director cut of
the new obesity documentary, “Killer at Large,” will be
Earn CEHs While Shaping the Future
Site Visit Evaluator training seminars will be conducted at the ACF
Western Regional Conference and Southeast Regional Conference. If you
are an educator or industry professional who wants to have an impact on
the future of the culinary industry, register today. You will receive
CEHs to count toward your next ACF certification renewal.
Accreditation Evaluator Clinics:
Western Regional Conference: April 3
Southeast Regional Conference: April 20
2009 AAC Candidates for Induction
culinarians have been tentatively accepted for induction into the
American Academy of Chefs, ACF’s honor society.
- John R. Farris, CEC, ACF Capital Professional Chefs & Cooks
Association of Greater Lansing Michigan
Sponsors: Ralph M. Hadley, CEC, AAC; Robert J. Lippert, CEC, CCE,
- Mark A. Prece Sr., CEC, ACF Greater Kansas City Chefs
Sponsors: Michael Ty, CEC, AAC; Dieter Preiser, CEC, AAC
- Kyle D. Richardson, CEC, CCE, ACF Louis Joliet Chapter
Sponsors: Albert Imming, CMPC, CCE, AAC; Christopher J. Dwyer, CEC, ACE,
- James K. Storm, CEC, CCA, Chefs de Cuisine Association of St. Louis,
Sponsors: Christopher A. Desens, CEC, AAC; Aidan P. Murphy, CMC,
- John D. Zelko, CEC, ACF Flint/Saginaw Valley Chapter
Sponsors: John W. Zehnder, CEC, AAC; William R. Crawford, CEC, AAC
- Scott Daniels, CEC, CCA, ACF First State Chefs Association
Sponsors: David Leo Banks, CEC, AAC; Edward J. Hennessy, CEC, AAC
- Gary M. Leach, CEC, Delmarva Chefs & Cooks Association
Sponsors: Mark S. Mayers, CEC, AAC; Noble L. Masi, CEPC, AAC, HOF
- James P. White, CEC, Connecticut Chefs Association
Sponsors: Marc D. Hussey, CEC, AAC; Nicholas F. Follacchio, CEC,
- Charles L. Mattocks Jr., CEC, CCA, ACF Pee Dee Chapter
Sponsors: Robert Stegall-Smith, CEC, AAC; Kimberly Brock-Brown, CEPC,
- Brian J. Sode, CEC, ACF National Chapter
Sponsors: James P. McCallister, CEC, AAC; John Kinsella, CMC, CCE, WGMC,
- James T. Thomas, CEC, ACF Golden Isles of Georgia Chapter
Sponsors: Reimund D. Pitz, CEC, CCE, AAC; Todd Kazenske, CEPC, AAC
- Mark Warren, CEC, Old Dominion ACF Chapter
Sponsors: Travis W. Smith, CEC, CCA, AAC; Roland E. Schaeffer, CEC, AAC,
- Urs B. Emmenegger, CEC; ACF Chefs & Culinarians of San Diego
Sponsors: Murat Day, CEC, WCC, AAC; J. Luis Martinez, AAC
AAC Candidates for Honorary Induction
- Patrick Diethelm, director of european culinary center, DCT Hotel
Management & Culinary School
- Robert Kinkead, executive chef/owner, Kinkead’s
- Robert Nograd, corporate executive chef, Johnson & Wales
- Art Ritt, CFE, president, A Ritt Corporation
- Lucien Salama, president, NEWCHEF Fashions, Inc.
- Dawn Sweeney, president, National Restaurant Association