Certified Culinarian® (CC®)
Current and recent ACFEF Accredited Post-Secondary Program Graduates, please visit the student page.
Education Requirements with Work Experience:
Work experience must be within the past ten years.
- High School Diploma/GED with two years entry level culinarian experience
- 100 Continuing Education Hours (CEH) with two years entry level culinarian experience
- Culinary Arts Program Certificate (1 year) with one year entry level culinarian experience
- Associate’s Degree in Culinary Arts, no work experience
- ACFEF Apprenticeship Program, no work experience
Mandatory Course Requirement:
- 30-hour course in Nutrition
- 30-hour course in Food Safety & Sanitation
- 30-hour course in Supervisory Management
Courses completed more than five years ago will require an 8 hour refresher in each topic. Courses are available through ACF approved providers
or any academic institution.
There are three steps in the application process:
Submit initial application with proof of education, required courses and work experience. Employment verification can be submitted on the Employment Documentation Form or employer letterhead. Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing applications.
Schedule Written & Practical Exams
Upon receiving approval for the Initial Pre-approval application, you are eligible to schedule your written and practical exams. Please visit the written exam and practical exam pages for scheduling information.
After successful completion of the written and practical exams, submit the Final application with exam pass sheets and application fee. Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing. Upon approval, certificate will be mailed.
All applications and exam preparation information can be found in the Certified Culinarian Candidate Handbook.
CC® Certification requires renewal every five years. For more information, visit the recertification page.
Group pricing is available through our concierge programs for 6+ certificants from the same property. Please submit a request form or send an email to email@example.com.
Have questions or need more information? Contact the ACF Certification Department.
Click here to see this information in Spanish | Haga clic aquí para ver esta información en español.