Specialized Certificate of Culinary Cannabis and Edibles
ACF is the nation’s leader in offering educational resources, training, and certificate programs to enhance professional growth for all current and future chefs. ACF recognizes the significant interest in the addition of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) in food and drink products across the nation.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is aware of the use of THC and CBD in food and drink and has held that the use of both compounds in food and drink is illegal. Despite that fact, 33 states and the District of Columbia have legalized medical marijuana and 10 of those states, including the District of Columbia, have legalized recreational marijuana, resulting in a proliferation of THC and CBD containing products. In order to fill the gap in regulation, some states have begun adopting independent strategies for handling THC and CBD in food and beverages. There remains, however, an information gap with respect to food safety and preparation as it relates to THC and CBD infused products.
The Specialization Certificate in Culinary Cannabis and Edibles demonstrates an applicant’s proficiency on the skills, knowledge and competencies for safely handling culinary cannabis and edibles. This exam was written and reviewed by industry-recognized subject matter experts.
The exam is to be completed within 90 minutes and consists of 100 question within the following specifications:
- Plant Anatomy
- Storing and Cooking
- Concentrates and Extracts
- Endocannabinoid System
- Math and Potency
Applicants must pass the exam with 75 percent to earn theSpecializedCertificate in CulinaryCannabis and Edibles
Candidates must supply documentation verifying completion of:
- ServSafe certification
- 8 hours in food safety and sanitation
1. Applicants will submit eligibility verification documents at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ACFCANNA
2. Applicants will purchase exam in ACF Online Learning Center – https://www.acfchefs.org/OLC
3. Please allow 2-3 business days for the ACF professional development team to review eligibility. Once approved, ACF will release the exam.
4. Applicants have the opportunity to purchase an additional attempt after 14 days should he or she not pass the first time.
5. Upon passing the exam, applicant will earn the ACFEF Specialized Certificate in Culinary Cannabis and Edibles, available to print or download from the ACF Online Learning Center.
For detailed information, please review the Reference Guide: