U.S.A.’s Chef of the Year™ Award
In 1963, ACF created the Chef of the Year Award to acknowledge Walter Roth, AAC, for his tireless efforts to promote and elevate the profession. The award has grown in prestige, and today is the highest honor annually bestowed by ACF.
The U.S.A.’s Chef of the Year™ award recognizes an outstanding culinarian who works and cooks in a full-service dining facility. This person has demonstrated the highest standard of culinary skills, advanced the cuisine of America and given back to the profession through the development of students and apprentices.
2024 U.S.A.’s Chef of the Year Award Regional Qualifiers
Application Deadline: January 15, 2024
2023 National Winner
2023 Regional Winners & National Competitors
- Central Winner - Russel Cunningham, CEC, CCA (competed at Nationals)
- Central - Chad M. Burnett, CEC (competed at Nationals)
- Northeast Winner - Tony Le, CEC (competed at Nationals)
- Southeast Winner - Paul C. Jensen, CEC, CCA, AAC (competed at Nationals)
- Western Winner - Tom Tobin, CEC
- Military Representative - R SCPO Michael R. Edwards (competed at Nationals)