ACF Pastry Chef of the Year Award
The ACF Pastry Chef of the Year Award recognizes a pastry chef who has displayed a passion for the craft, has an accomplished reputation in the pastry field and has helped educate others by sharing skills and knowledge.
2023 National Qualifiers were held March 11–13, 2023, at Johnson County Community College in Overland Park, Kansas. The four top scoring chefs will move forward to compete for the National Title in New Orleans, Louisiana, during the ACF National Convention, July 16–19, 2023. The competition will be held at the New Orleans Culinary Hospitality Institute (NOCHI), New Orleans, LA 70130. During the 2023 National Qualifiers, Regional Winners were named. These chefs had the highest scores within their regions. The National Winner will be named during the President’s Gala on Wednesday, July 19, 2023.
2023 Regional Winners & National Competitors
- Central Winner - Lauren Aleman (competing at Nationals)
- Central - Donna L. Mallett, CPC (competing at Nationals)
- Southeast Winner - Chrissy M. Jensen, CEPC (competing at Nationals)
- Western Winner - Rebecca Freeman, CEPC (competing at Nationals)
- Military Representative - E PO1 Miriam E. Lutz (competing at Nationals)