Deadline | Obtain an
Application | Fees | Application
Application Deadline has changed
The application deadline for induction into the American Academy of
Chefs for 2018 is December 1, 2017. Please
contact the Academy office if you have any questions at (904) 484-0202 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Obtaining an Application
To obtain an official American Academy of Chefs application, an Academy Fellow must request an application on the individual’s behalf from the AAC National Office at (904) 484-0202. An applicant may not request his or her own application - and all applications must be received by the national office by December 1 of the year preceding induction.
- Application fee: $50 (non-refundable)
- The national office will not send the application until the fee has
been received. This fee is payable by the applicant.
- Induction fee: $350
- Submit with the application and all application materials
- Includes the AAC medal, ribbon, diploma, pin, and memorabilia item
of your induction dinner
- Does not include the cost of the Induction Dinner ticket
- This fee will be returned if you are not selected for induction
Please make checks payable to the American Academy of Chefs.
The formal application for election into the American Academy of
Chefs consists of six parts:
- General biographical information, including place of employment.
- Verification for the fulfillment of seven
mandatory requirements, including:
- A statement of intent to attend the Annual Academy Dinner and medal ceremony, as well as the morning induction ceremony.
- Letters of sponsorship from two voting AAC Fellows in good standing
signed and dated within the year of application. Note: Voting Academy Fellows can sponsor only one applicant within a year.
- Verification of the fulfillment of at least 10 of 22 Elective
- One copy of the Culinarian’s Code, signed and dated.
- The Chapter’s Verification of Application form signed by all officers of the candidate’s chapter ad the relevant AAC regional director. This form must be dated. Note: A chapter may sponsor an unlimited number of qualified candidates.
- A notarized statement of formal application signed by the candidate.
- A complete, typed résumé; two 5"×7" photos taken within the last year, in color or in black and white, which show applicant in white toque and white chef's coat. Digital photos are preferred. Photos may be in .jpg, .tif, or .eps format and must be at least 300 dpi and no smaller than 5"×7". Digital photographs may be submitted on CD-ROM or thumb drive, or by e-mail to email@example.com.
Applications are valid for only one year, i.e., if induction is in 2018 and the applicant fails to submit application documentation by December 1, 2017, he or she must request a new application. Also, all requirements must be met prior to submission of application; if not, the application documentation and the induction fee will be returned and must be submitted another year. Incomplete applications will not be considered for admission. The induction fee of $350 will be returned if the applicant is not selected for induction into the Academy.