Deadline | Obtain an
Application | Fees | Application
Application Deadline has changed
The application deadline for induction into the American Academy of
Chefs for 2019 is December 1, 2018. Please
contact the Academy office if you have any questions at (904) 484-0202 or email@example.com.
Obtaining an Application
To obtain an official American Academy of Chefs application, an Academy Fellow must request an application on the individual’s behalf from the AAC National Office at (904) 484-0202. An applicant may not request his or her own application - and all applications must be received by the national office by December 1 of the year preceding induction.
- Application fee: $50 (non-refundable)
- The national office will not send the application until the fee has
been received. This fee is payable by the applicant.
- Induction fee: $350
- Submit with the application and all application materials.
- Includes the AAC medal, ribbon, diploma, pin, and the cost of one ticket to the AAC Annual Induction Dinner.
- If the application is not selected, $250 will be returned to the applicant. $100 is retained for processing fees and costs incurred at the ACF National Office.
Please make checks payable to the American Academy of Chefs.
The formal application for election into the American Academy of
Chefs consists of six parts:
- General biographical information, including place of employment.
- Verification for the fulfillment of seven
mandatory requirements, including:
- A statement of intent to attend the Annual Academy Dinner and medal ceremony, as well as the morning induction ceremony.
- Letters of sponsorship from two active AAC Fellows in good standing
signed and dated the year of application. Note: Active Academy Fellows can sponsor only one applicant within a year.
- Verification of the fulfillment of at least 10 of 22 Elective
- One notarized copy of the Culinarian’s Code, signed and dated.
- The Chapter’s Verification of Application form signed by a board member of the candidate’s chapter. A national member must have his Chapter’s Verification of Application signed by an AAC regional director, chair or vice chair. This form must be dated. Note: A chapter may sponsor an unlimited number of qualified candidates.
- A notarized statement of formal application signed by the candidate.
Applications are valid for only one year, i.e., if induction is in 2019 and the applicant fails to submit application documentation by December 1, 2018, he or she must request a new application. Also, all requirements must be met prior to submission of application; if not, the application documentation and applicable fee will be returned and must be submitted another year. Incomplete applications will not be considered for admission.