Elective Attainable Goals
Candidates must fulfill a minimum of 10 of 22 elective attainable goals prior to submission of application.
- A member of a National ACF or ACFEF approved committee for a full term (twenty-four (24) consecutive months). Note: Term must be completed prior to submission of application.
- An ACF National Convention or Regional Conference Chair, Co-chair or approved Committee Chair. Note: A letter is required from the Host Chapter President detailing your work.
- A chapter president for two (2) years, who has participated in the Board of Governors meeting for two (2) years. Note: Term must be completed prior to submission of application.
- An elected chapter officer for two (2) years, other than president. Please submit verification signed by the current local chapter President or Chairman of the board. Note: Term must be completed prior to submission of application.
- A Chair of an approved local chapter standing committee for two (2) years. Please submit verification signed by the current local chapter President or Chairman of the board. Note: Term must be completed prior to submission of application.
- A competing culinary team member, coach, or manager of an ACF or Worldchefs-recognized competition. Note: Verification by a team manager of the official local, regional or national team, or copy of ACF diploma of participation. If you have won an ACF Woldchefs or IKA gold, silver or bronze medal as a competing member, you may also use this for elective 8.
- A Chair or Co-chair of a culinary art salon, cold-food competition or hot-food competition that has been pre-approved by the ACF office or Worldchefs. Note: Please submit supporting documentation.
- Winner of an ACF, Worldchefs or IKA gold, silver, or bronze medal in a culinary competition. Note: Please submit a copy of the certificate.
- Attend a total of 10 ACF ChefsForum Webinars over a two (2) year period (a maximum of five (5) per year).
- A Chair or Co-chair of a successful local, regional or national community service fundraising event (it must contribute and benefit continual improvements geared towards real-life gains). Note: Please submit verification by the president or head administrator of the designated charity organization.
- A host practical exam site administrator who successfully administers four (4) local, regional or state certification exams, which have been approved by the National Office. Note: They must be completed exams, not postponed or cancelled.
- Participated as a Chair or Co-chair of an ACF approved Accreditation Educational Facilities Site Visitation. Four (4) separate visits are required. Note: Visits must be completed prior to submission of application. Postponed or canceled visits do not qualify.
- Participated and served as an ACF approved certification evaluator in four (4) documented practical examinations. Note: Exams must be completed prior to submission of application. Postponed or canceled exams do not qualify.
- An ACF Active Certified Culinary Judge. Note: Please submit date certified as a culinary judge.
- The sponsoring chef responsible for training and graduating any ACF registered apprentice who completes a full two (2) or three (3) year program. Note: Please submit verification from the program coordinator.
- Has graduated from an accredited culinary school or culinary arts program with either an associate’s or bachelor’s degree; has graduated from an ACF apprenticeship program or an internationally recognized school or apprenticeship program. Note: Please submit a copy of your diploma.
- Voluntarily participated in local, state, regional or national culinary demonstrations within the past ten (10) years. Note: Please submit verification signed by chair or coordinator of event, as well as program from the event. Must be a culinary demonstration which is voluntary (except expenses).
- Voluntarily served as the Chair of an advisory board or served as a member of the Board of Trustees for a local culinary program other than the applicant’s place of employment. Note: Please submit verification by head administrator of school. Must be for a full school year.
- The Executive Chef or Executive Pastry Chef who is indicated on a featured “Gastronomique Menu” the menu of an Academy dinner, Les Amis d’Escoffier dinner, Chaine des Rotisseurs dinner or any Academy-style dinner. Note: Please submit a copy of the original menu, with the name of the chef or pastry chef.
- A recipient of a local ACF Chapter Chef of the Year or a local ACF Chapter Chef Professionalism Award. Note: Please submit copy of certificate & letter from chapter president to verify award.
- A recipient of an ACF regional or national award, such as Chef of the Year, Chef Professionalism, President’s Medallion, etc. Note: Please submit a copy of the award. Awards not clearly defined as an ACF regional or national award do not qualify.
- Responsible for bringing into the ACF within the last ten (10) years at least ten (10) new professional culinarians who are active national and chapter members.
Note: Verification of the listed requirements and goals is the responsibility of the applicant prior to sending the application to the AAC screening committee. The committee that reviews the applications will not be responsible for researching required information/documentation that is not already provided - if certain information is needed, the applicant may be able to obtain records from ten or few years back through the ACF office. Falsifying documents will automatically exclude a candidate for the Academy for life. All documents subject to verification by the ACF office.