Childhood Nutrition Day Events
Find a Childhood Nutrition Day event in your area on the list below. If you are hosting an event, be sure to register so we can add you to this list.
- ACF Chefs Association of Arizona, Inc. Gary D Murphy, CCE - contact 2217 West Glendale Ave, Phoenix, AZDate: October 18, 2013 Description: Health and wellness fair at school
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Harrison Hamada - contact 5802 S 15th St, Phoenix, AZDate: October 12 and 26, 2013 Description: The first event will be held with Samaritan Community Development Corporation. The second event will be iwth Mary's Ministries.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Isaiah B. Ruffin - contact 1407 S El Camino Real, Sierra Vista, AZDate: N/A (contact for details) Description: We will be having a pizza camp with fourth graders at a local elementary. A local farm is donating produce to showcase local ingredients for a healthy pizza.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Aranita Keane - contact 8755 Aero Dr Ste 100, San Diego, CADate: October 16, 2013 Description: SAY San Diego's Primetime is an after-school program for elementary and middle school aged children. I plan to educate the kids about how good food is linked to good nutrition, easy health tips and how everyone can cook.
- ACF California Capitol Chefs Association Katherina Yvette Griley - contact Lodi High School, Lodi, CADate: Oct. 22, 2013 Description: The culinary program at The Art Institute of California-Sacramento will prepare samples of a healthy and nutritious quinoa salad during lunch at Lodi High School.
- ACF Heart of The Valley Paul A Topping - contact Fruit Yard Restaurant, Modesto, CADate: October 12, 2013 Description: ACF Heart of Valley has partnered with Stanislaus County Bike Club and Second Harvest Food BAnk to do a cycling event to raise funds for teh Second Harvest Food for Thought program that supports elementary school children receiving food throughout the year.
- ACF Chefs de Cuisine Association of California Sandra M Lampert, CCE - contact Bridges Academy, Studio City, CADate: October 11, 2013 Description: Boost Brainpower with Breakfast! I will use the Dairy Council handout to demo and serve "Apple Bagel Sandwich" to students at Bridges Academy.
- ACF Monterey Bay Chapter Tene Shake - contact Monterey Boys & Girls Club, Salinas, CADate: Oct. 16, 2013 Description: ACF local chapter will provide a seminar and hands-on demonstration, followed by a free salad bar and healthy smoothies. We will make a rainbow salad with three extreme salad dressing by Drew Patterson, OSUMC (orange dreamsicle, extreme strawberry, and peanut butter and jelly - all blended until smooth), and one berry blast smoothie.
- ACF California Capitol Chefs Association Tonjala M. Mack, CCC - contact Vinewood Elementary School, Lodi, CADate: October 18, 2013 Description: Presentation to the student body entitled "You Don't Don't Beans," talking about different kinds of beans and their health benefits. We will also prepare five dishes made with different kinds of beands. There will be a word and puzzle activities, as well as an area for students to start their own bean plant in a container.
- Connecticut Chefs Association Darcel M Carter 31 Glen St, Apt 1, New Britain, CTDate: Oct. 14, 2013 Description: Cooking Matter, Let's Move and Connectikids are working together in the greater urban Hartford area kicking-off a six-week program to teach health snacks and meals, as well as fitness lessons.
- Connecticut Chefs Association Sandra A Jenkins - contact Manchester Community College, Manchester, CTDate: Oct. 26, 2013 Description: Fundraiser for Foodshare. Money supports Operation Frontline Kids Up Front classes being offered in October and November.
District of Columbia
- ACF Greater Baltimore Chapter Inc James H. McKnight, III - contact Savoy Elementary School, Washington, DCDate: October 15, 2013 Description: Healthy alternatives classroom demo
- ACF Central Florida Chapter Dawn M. Viola - contact 411 Mercy Drive, Orlando, FLDate: September 30, 2013 Description: Second Harvest chefs invite partner agency families to cooking classes that show them how to cook healthy meals using the food provided to the community. This class will focus on fresh, local sweet corn from Zellwoid, Fla.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Edwin Colleran - contact Carver Middle School, Orlando, FLDate: Oct. 16, 2013 Description: As part of the weekly afterschool program in low-income Orlando middle schools, we will be recognizing Vegetarian Food this month with demos and hands-on activities, as well as nutrition games.
- ACF Central Florida Chapter Elizabeth M. Morvay-Leh - contact Winter Springs High School, Winter Springs, FLDate: Week of October 14, 2013 Description: Winter Springs High School is sponsoring a food drive. The Chef's Club is supporting and coordinating the efforts.
- ACF First Coast Chapter Kidd Buffington - contact Chets Creek Elementary, Jacksonville, FLDate: October 21, 2013 Description: Making healthy smoothies with a Girl Scouts troop
- ACF Tampa Bay Culinary Association Inc Michael J. Rigberg, CEC, CCA - contact Land O'Lakes High School, Land O'Lakes, FLDate: October 15, 2013 Description: Academy of Culinary Arts students will work with the Spanish Clubs in celebrating Spanish Heritage Month and Child Nutrition Day.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Monique Holley - contact 4205 76th St W, Bradenton, FLDate: Oct. 12, 2013, 1-4pm Description: Bake sale and free cooking demonstrations for and with children from the local neighborhoods and churches.
- ACF Tampa Bay Culinary Association Inc Vincent Blancato 2329 Anclote Blvd, Holiday, FLDate: Oct. 24, 2013 Description: ACF chefs will be serving approximately 600 studetns atGulfside Elementary School samples of Florida "Fresh 2 U" Produce of the Month - Avocado during their lunch. As we serve each student, we tell them the nutritional benefits of avocado.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Qiana Martin - contact John F. Kennedy Middle School, 225 James P. Brawley Dr SW, Atlanta, GADate: October 2 or 9, 2013 Description: Eat Soccer's collaborative Childhood Nutrition Day event will allow 40+ middle school participants of Raising Expectations learn about the important role nutrition plays in performing well in the classroom, as well as on the athletic field. In partnership with Georgia Tech's community outreach program, international soccer player an dEat Soccer social entrepreneur Qiana Martin will tag team with a selected Atlanta chef to talk about healthy eating, serve nutritious smoothies and play soccer activities
- Kona-Kohala Chefs Association Jean W Hull, CCE, AAC - contact 77-165 Lako St., Kailua-Kona, HIDate: October 16, 2013 Description: A cooking class featuring a nutritious menu for 9-11 year old children. Nutrition awareness, tasty food, and skill for the young child. From 1-4pm.
- ACF East Central Indiana Chapter David R. Fuller, CC - contact 300 North Madison St., Muncie, IDDate: October 15, 2013 Description: Childhood Nutrition Day event
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Kathryn Guylay - contact One Community School Drive, Sun Valley, IDDate: Oct. 24, 2013 Description: We will show "What's On Your Plate," an award-winning film endorsed by Alice Waters and Michael Pollan, to teach children about where food comes from. We will also have tastings.
- ACF Windy City Professional Culinarians Inc. Heidi Hedeker - contact Quest Academy, 1443 North Ogden Avenue, Chicago, ILDate: October 16, 2013 Description: Four-station cooking competition at Quest Charter School. Chef Hedeker as been working at Quest Academon on a cooking program for three years iwth Kendall College students, in partnership with Chicago Lights and their Urban Farm (managed by Growing Power).
- ACF Chicago Chefs of Cuisine Inc Kurt M. Kurlek - contact 350 Park St, Elgin, ILDate: October 12, 2013 Description: Eat local food from local farms
- ACF Louis Joliet Chapter Michael J. Garahan, CEC - contact Joliet, ILDate: October 1-16 Description: Local schools participating in Chefs Move to Schools can enter in an essay contest on the subject "Why is good nutrition important to you, and what are you doing to improve what you eat?"
- ACF Louis Joliet Chapter Michael J. McGreal, CEC, CCE, CHE, MCFE - contact 1215 Houbolt Rd, Joliet, ILDate: October 17, 2013 Description: Will do a cooking and healthy food choices presentation for Joliet area middle school students.
- ACF Greater Indianapolis Chapter Jeffery A. Bricker, CEC, CCE, AAC - contact Indianapolis Children's Museum, Indianapolis, INDate: October 20, 2013, 11am-2pm Description: The chapter will be using the Chef & Child Community Outreach program running four stations for families and children attending the museum.
- The ACF of Greater Baton Rouge Amy L. Queret, CCE - contact Capital Middle School, 5100 Greenwell Springs Road, Baton Rouge, LADate: October 23, 2013 at 1pm Description: Hit a Homerun for Nutrition
- Epicurean Club of Boston Charles F Koser, Jr. - contact 220 Sandwich Rd, Bourne, MADate: October 16, 2013 Description: We will be demonstrating smoothies to the freshman and junior class.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Hector A Playuk 4922 La Salle Road, Hyattsville, MDDate: Oct. 18, 2013 Description: Teach kids the importance of vegetables and fruits with a hands-on class on texture, color and flavors.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Phillip E Cropper, CC, CPC, CCE - contact 6290 Worcester Highway, Newark, MDDate: Oct. 28-29, 2013 Description: We will have over 100 third graders "Hit a Home Run for Nutrition" to learn about healthy eating/snacks.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Melissa Hunnibell - contact Whitefield Elementary School, Whitefield, MEDate: Oct. 30, 2013 Description: SHAKE IT UP! An invitation to the whole community to learn how easy and fast it is to get your "5 a Day."
- ACF Michigan Chefs de Cuisine Association Jacob David Williams, CEC - contact 13550 Virgil Street, Detroit, MIDate: October 25, 2013 Description: Fourth grade demos of smoothies and veggie & fruit dips, as well as the importance of whole-grains and fiber
- ACF Michigan Chefs de Cuisine Association James F. Kokenyesdi, CEC, CCA - contact Port Huron, MIDate: October 12 and 19, 2013 Description: Speaking about healthy lunch alternatives and featuring a green "Shrek" smoothie and cauliflower-based cream of mushroom soup at a juvenile detention center. Then, talking about choosing a healthy nutritional path with Girl Scout troop and featuring "Shrek" smoothies and fresh vegetables with home-made yogurt ranch.
- ACF Michigan Chefs de Cuisine Association Jay Jacobs - contact Manchester Middle School, 710 E Main St, Manchester, MIDate: October 25, 2013 Description: Culinary demonstration teaching the importance of nutrition.
- ACF Michigan Chefs de Cuisine Association Jeffrey S Wolf - contact 44575 Garfield, Clinton Twp, MIDate: Oct. 22, 2013 Description: Operation Beautiful - Healthy Kids Fundraiser. This program is designed to teach healthy alternaties and good eating habits. We will be demonstrating healthy fruit smoothies, vegetable chips and a twisted pasta primavera.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Mary English - contact 13550 Virgil St, Detroit, MIDate: Oct. 25, 2013 Description: Fourth grade demo of smoothies and veggie and fruit dips, as well as the importance of whole-grais and fiber.
- ACF Michigan Chefs de Cuisine Association Thomas James Robinson - contact 3111 Electric Ave, Port Huron, MIDate: Oct. 11, 2013 Description: We will be demonstrating fruit and vegable smoothies, as well as providing samples.
- ACF North Carolina Chapter Carol A. Colburn, CC - contact 150 N White Street, Wake Forest, NCDate: Oct. 19, 2013 Description: Join Chef Carol for a fun-filled cooking demonstration to help raise awareness about childhood nutrition using fresh and local vegetables from the farmer's market.
- ACF North Carolina Chapter Donald C. McMillan, CEC, AAC - contact Family Services Inc., Winston-Salem, NCDate: Oct. 16, 2013 Description: Nutritional breakfast at four Family Services/Head Start locations, serving 1,500. Each location will also support food can donations for Northwest NC Foodbank. Major Alan Joines has issued a proclamation. This is only one of many Chef & Child functions scheduled throughout the month of October.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Cindy Brison - contact St. Bernard Catholic School, Omaha, NEDate: Nov. 1, 2013 Description: Meeting with the first grade class to make a healthy snack and take a short walk outside.
- ACF Professional Chefs & Apprentices of Nebraska Gina M. Tran, CC - contact Cedars Home for Children, Lincoln, NEDate: Nov. 6, 2013 Description: Teach kids how to make a nutritious, tasty smoothie, as well as a variety of other healthy snacks that can be easily prepared after school.
- ACF Professional Chefs & Apprentices of Nebraska Lyndon D. Hinton, CSC - contact Sacred Heart School, 540 N 31st St, Lincoln, NEDate: October 2, 2013 Description: Fruit tasting, fresh and cooked, in third grade class
- ACF Prof Chefs Association of South Jersey David Goldberg - contact 507 Washington Street, Cape May, NJDate: October 16, 2013 Description: Chef & Child cooking demonstrations using BBQ grills and smokers. Hands-on children's cooking classes.
- ACF Eastern Long Island Chefs Chapter Andrea K. Glick - contact 11 Mill Road, Remsenburg, NYDate: October 16, 2013 Description: Chapter members will be presenting healthy snack options to students in grades K-6 during their lunch period. Presentation will include berry blast smoothies, halthy napoleons and a game of hopscotch to emphasize exerces along with a healthy diet.
- ACF Long Island Chapter Nancy B. Kombert, CEC, CSCE - contact Waverly Park, East Rock Away, NYDate: Oct. 25, 2013 Description: Chef & Child Nutrition Day for elementary students hosting four stations.
- Mid Hudson Culinary Assn Victor Thomas Arnao - contact Ulster BOCES CTC, Rt. 9W, Port Ewen, NYDate: Oct. 16, 2013, 8:30am-1:30pm Description: Fresh carrot and apple juice sale with food drive for People's Place, an area soup kitchen. Hosted by Ulster BOCES CTC culinary arts students.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Brad Sale - contact 37800 French Creek Rd, Avon, OHDate: October 3, 2013 Description: As part of the Healthy Eating Awareness program at a nursing home which includes a day care center with 30 children, the kick-off event will include preparing fruit smoothies for the children to be continued on a weekly basis.
- ACF Cleveland Chapter Inc John Selick, IV - contact UH Ahuja Medical Center, 3999 Richmond Road, Beachwood, OHDate: September 28, 2013 Description: We are doing healthy cooking demos, safety demos, nutritional talks about healthy snack ideas and providing a healthy, kid-friendly lunch for 150 local boy scouts. WE all provide middle schools with ingredients, including a chef's special salad made with local vegetables and ancient grains, on a weekly basis for their salad bar which we donated last year.
- ACF Columbus Chapter Paul L Higgins, CEC - contact Mount Vernon High School, Mount Vernon, OHDate: Oct. 8, 2013 Description: A demonstration showing the class how to make basic vegetable soup and what can be created from there. Encouraging the use of fresh local produce and career opportunities. Presented in cooperation with OSU Extension Knox County.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Scott Teaman - contact Elyria High School, Elyria, OHDate: October 25, 2013 Description: Demonstration and samples of healthy smoothies to expose high school population to healthy alternatives to junk food.
- ACF Southern Oregon Chapter Patricia Curfman, CEC, CEPC, AAC - contact Stayton, ORDate: Oct. 16, 2013 Description: ACF chapter members will pass out flyers with recipes, snacks, and nutrition guidelines to restaurants, schools, daycare centers, libraries, also encouraging them to schedule a live demo.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Michael T. Roddey, CEC, CCE, CCA, CDM - contact Great Commission Schools, Altoona, PADate: October 31, 2013 Description: Working with schools in the area to promote healthy eating
- ACF Harrisburg Chapter Robert W. Roebuck, CEC, AAC - contact Shallow Brook, Intermediate School, Manchester, PADate: Oct. 17, 2013 Description: October's presentation will focus on apples, eating them raw vs cooked, as well as choosing a particular variety for different recipes.
- ACF Middle Tennessee Chapter Laurie Ann Hartfelder - contact 605 Davis Drive, Brentwood, TNDate: Oct. 16, 2013 Description: Make and serve green fruit smoothies to the children at YMCA. Display a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables and have the children choose their smoothie blend. Encourage them to add a green and challenge them to see if they can taste it in their smoothie.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Lisa M. Ramsey, CEC, CEPC - contact 201 Davids Way, LaVergne, TNDate: October 17 or 24, 2013 Description: Doing a Chef & Child nutrition session in elementary school, teaching kids how to make a snack that is better for them and easy enough to make with fresh fall ingredients.
- Texas Chefs Association Victoria S Hooker, CCC, CCE 793 S Copell Rd, Coppell, TXDate: Oct. 19, 2013, 8-11am Description: "Food Day for Kids" at Coppell Farmer's Market. The market is hosting a day to encourage awareness of children and nutrition.
- ACF Beehive Chefs Chapter Inc Jason G Talcott - contact Sugarhouse Boys & Girls Club, Salt Lake City, UTDate: October 28, 2013 Description: Teaching children to make safe and nutritious after-school snacks. We will be making Army-green smoothies and deconstructing dishes such as easy mac and ramen to make healthy alternatives.
- ACF Southwestern Virginia Chapter Beverly H. Allman - contact Roanoke, VADate: October 12, 2013, 10am Description: Chef & Child Fun, Run and Play day to emphasize the need to walk at least 10,000 steps daily to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- ACF Washington State Chefs Association Brandon LaVielle - contact 17825 1st Ave South, Normandy Park, WADate: October 11, 2013 Description: Hosting a happy hour at Facebook's Seattle office to bring awareness to child hunger
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Donna R. McKinney - contact 11410 NE 124 th Street, Kirkland, WADate: N/A (contact for details)
- Mad City ACF Chapter, Inc. Irene T. Pawlisch - contact 165 Deer Run Drive, Fall River, WIDate: Oct. 29, 2013 Description: Third grade classes planted a garden at the start of the month with a local master gardeners group. On the day of harvest, we will make salad dressings and talk about the importance of math in cooking.
- Childhood Nutrition Day Event Thomas J Sacksteder, CEC - contact Holmen School District, Holmen, WIDate: 2013-2014 Description: I have been working with the LaCrosse Wisconsin Farm2School program for the past three years, teaching approximately 2,500 students each year.