Vegetable and Thyme Polenta
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Michael Maddox
The National Culinary Review, February 2009
6 cups chicken stock, divided
3 cups polenta (coarse cornmeal)
3 T. thyme
2 t. salt
6 cups milk
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
2 cups pearl onions
2 cups mushrooms
1) in heavy saucepan, whisk 3 cups chicken stock, polenta, thyme and salt.
2) Stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a simmer.
3) Gradually whisk in remaining 3 cups chicken stock and milk. Bring to a boil, whisking polenta often.
4) Reduce heat to low; cover, cool until polenta is thick, soft and creamy, stirring often, about 30 minutes.
5) Saute sun-dried tomatoes, pearl onions and mushrooms for 3-5 minutes, until tender.
6) Fold vegetables into polenta.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.