You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Chef & Child Recipe of the Month, June 2014
From the Chef
“This is like the just-add-water gelatin dessert that comes in a box--only it's yummier and healthier because you're making it yourself with real fruit juice! We promise your body won't miss all that extra sugar and those artificial flavors and colors. For an extra-pretty dessert, use white grape juice so that the colorful fruit can shine through.”
2 cups real (100%) fruit juice (NOT mango, papaya, kiwi, or fresh pineapple)
1 envelope unflavored gelatin (Use a ¼-ounce envelope of gelatin)
1 cup berries or cut-up fruit (NOT mango, papaya, kiwi, or fresh pineapple)
1. Put 1/2 cup fruit juice in the bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over it. (This is called "blooming" the gelatin, and it makes it easier to dissolve later.)
2. Put the rest of the juice in the pot and put the pot on the stove. Turn the heat to medium and bring the juice just to a boil.
3. Carefully pour the boiling juice over the gelatin mixture and stir until the gelatin dissolves, about 2 minutes.
4. Put ¼ cup fruit in each glass or bowl, then add ½ cup of the gelatin mixture.
5. Refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.