Chicken Corn Chowder
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Submitted by Jeff Bacon, CEC, CCA, AAC
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/4 cup celery, diced
3 cups potatoes, diced
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup bacon, diced
2 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups corn
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
2 cups cream
4 cups milk
1 pound cooked chicken, diced
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon salt
1/4 cup cornstarch, optional
1. Sweat onion and celery with the bacon in a stockpot until vegetables are very tender.
2. Add flour and cook 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
3. Add potatoes, corn, milk, cream and broth; mix well. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
4. Stir in chicken, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook for 20 minutes longer. Adjust the seasoning.
5. Thicken with a slurry of the cornstarch and 1/4 cup water if needed for the desired consistency
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.