Veggie Stir-Fry with Soba Noodles
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Stacey Antine, MS, RD, and HealthBarn USA
Chef & Child Ingredient of the Month, August 2014
10 ounces buckwheat soba noodles
1 teaspoon canola oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 orange or yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 zucchini, diced
1 ½ cups fresh spinach, chopped
¼ cup chives (or scallions), diced
3 teaspoons soy sauce, low sodium
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Cook soba noodles according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
2. Heat medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add canola oil and sauté garlic for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add peppers and cook until softened.
4. Add zucchini and cook another few minutes.
5. Add spinach and chives, and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Add soy sauce, sesame oil and sesame seeds. Cook together for 2 to 3 minutes more.
7. Place mixture over soba noodles and toss thoroughly before serving.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.