Tilapia and Sautéed Peppers in Soft Tacos
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Roberta Duyff, MS, RD, FADA, CFCS
Chef & Child Ingredient of the Month, September 2014
6 5-ounce tilapia filets or other firm white fish
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 limes, divided
¼ cup olive oil
½ large red bell pepper, cut in ¼-in strips
½ large yellow bell pepper, cut in ¼-inch strips
1 jalapeno pepper, cut in thin strips
1 small onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
6 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
6 tablespoons coarsely-chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
1. Place tilapia in a medium bowl. Toss with cumin, salt and juice of 1 lime. Set aside while preparing other ingredients.
2. Heat olive oil to medium-high in a large nonstick skillet. Add red and yellow peppers, jalapeno, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir for about 1 minute, until peppers and onion are slightly softened.
3. Add tilapia and cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until white and opaque. Fish will flake easily and may break apart.
4. Warm tortillas according to package instructions.
5. Divide tilapia-peppers mixture and cilantro evenly over tortillas. Roll to shape the taco. To serve, garnish each taco with a wedge of the remaining lime.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.