Rye Cracker Dough
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Submitted by Eric M. Williams, CEC
2 oz. shortening
1 oz. soft whole butter
1 oz. sugar
5 oz. ap flour
5 oz. rye flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 to 3/4 c. buttermilk
* cream shortening, butter and sugar until fluffy
* sift all dry ingredients together
* alternate dry ingred. and b. milk into the creamed mixture until a smooth dough is formed
* cover and let rest for 30 min.
* form crackers, bake at 300 for 10-20 mins. depending on oven
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.