You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Submitted by William Thornton, CEC, CCE
From the Chef
“just a fun thing to do when I was a young chef working in a TEX MEX Restaurant”
1/2-cup brown sugar
1/2 stick butter
1 Tablespoon corn syrup
1-teaspoon Mexican vanilla
2 cups pecan halves
1. Combine the sugars, butter, milk and corn syrup in a heavy 2 quart saucepan and cook at a low boil for 15 – 20 minutes. Stir constantly.
2. Cook the mixture until it forms a soft ball when a small amount is dropped into a glass of ice water.
3. Add the vanilla and stir to combine.
4. Add the pecans and remove from the heat. Stir to coat the pecans.
5. Use an ice cream scoop to portion the candies out onto a foil covered table sprayed with cooking spray to set and allow to cool.
one dozen candies
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.