You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Submitted by Maria Felicia T. Seva
From the Chef
“This recipe is my own version of Bouillabaisse. It has a rich soup flavour that blends the taste of each seafood that has on it.”
5ml Olive Oil
50g Onion, brunoise
5g Garlic, chopped finely
25g Carrots, brunoise
25g Celery, brunoise
150g Shrimp Heads and Shells
2ml Cognac or Brandy
5g Tomato Paste
2g All Purpose Flour
1 Bouquet Garni
pinch Fennel Seeds
2pcs Tiger Prawns, peeled
100 g Blue Marlin
1 pc Crab
2-3pcs Mussels, cooked
One day old Bread
50g Potato, boiled and peeled
20g Capsicum, grilled and skinned
2g Tomato Paste
To taste Salt
To taste Pepper
To make the base:
1. Heat olive oil and sweat onion and garlic.
2. Add Carrots and Celery and saute well.
3. Add the shrimp heads and shells, All Purpose flour and the Tomato Paste
4. Flambe with Cognac and reduce until the alcohol content dissolve.
5. Add water then boil, skim and add the fennel seeds, bouquet garni and simmer for about 20minutes
6. Remove bouquet Garni and puree the mixture using blender.
7. Then pass to a sieve and simmer again
8. Drop the Crab, Blue Marlin and Prawns... DO NOT OVERCOOK
To make the Rouille:
1. Puree potato
2. Add Capsicum, tomato paste, garlic
3. Season with cayenne, salt and pepper
4. Spread into the one day old bread
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.