You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Kristine Napier, MPH
Chef & Child Ingredient of the Month, November 2014
From the Chef
“Nutrition Nugget: Scrub the sweet potatoes and slice with the skin on. It's edible and adds fiber.
“Substitution: Substitute an equal weight of an Idaho or a Russet potato for the red ones; scrub well and follow the recipe.”
Vegetable oil cooking spray
1 large sweet potato (about ½ pound), peeled
2 to 3 red potatoes (about ½ pound), scrubbed with peel on
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Spray a large baking sheet with the cooking spray.
3. Slice the potatoes very thinly (use a food processor if you have one).
4. Place the potatoes in a bowl; add the oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
5. Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet. Spread them out in a single layer.
6. Bake for 10 minutes; turn the potatoes over. Bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are slightly crisp and golden brown.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.