Gingered Sweet Potato-Pork Satay
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Roberta L. Duyff, MS, RDN, FAND, CFCS
Chef & Child Ingredient of the Month, November 2014
From the Chef
“Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes before threading them with pork and sweet potatoes so they don't dry out as fast when grilling.”
4 tablespoons peanut or canola oil, divided
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon freshly-grated ginger
2 teaspoons light soy sauce
1¼ pounds lean pork or beef, cut in 2-inch cubes
¾ pound sweet potatoes, cut in 2-inch cubes
1 20-ounce can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
6 tablespoons crushed unsalted, roasted peanuts
1. Combine 2 tablespoons oil, hoisin sauce, vinegar, ginger and soy sauce in a small bowl. Pour over pork and toss to coat pork well. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for about 4 hours.
2. Toss sweet potatoes with remaining oil.
3. Drain pork. Thread pork, sweet potatoes and pineapple chunks on wooden skewers.
4. Brush prepared skewers with marinade. Throw out any leftover marinade.
5. Grill for about 8 to 10 minutes on medium-high heat, turning, until pork is cooked through and sweet potatoes are tender.
6. Top with peanuts.
6 2-skewer servings
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.