You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: J. Kevin Walker, CMC, director of food, service and clubhouse operations, Grandfather Golf & Country Club, Linville, North Carolina
Sizzle, Winter 2014
Chicken for pave
Chicken for Pave
4 skinless chicken breasts
2 chicken tenderloins
2 oz. porcini powder
2 oz. Activia (Transglutaminase)
8 slices applewood smoked bacon, 15-18 slice thickness
2 T. olive oil
8 oz. assorted wild mushrooms, sliced thick
2 oz. red onion, small diced
½ T. fresh thyme, chopped
1 cup red wine
Salt and pepper to taste
4 chicken thighs, skinned, deboned
4 egg yolks
4 oz. cream
1 T. Italian parsley, chopped
1. Line bottom of pave pan with bacon slices, covering completely. Sprinkle with some of the porcini/Activa mixture.
2. Toss chicken strips individually with porcini/Activia mixture, coating completely; layer into pan.
3. Fill remaining portion of pave pan with mushroom mousseline.
4. Wrap pan with plastic wrap several times. Place in Cryovac bag; seal tightly.
5. Place bag in water bath; cook at 65.55°C for 90 minutes.
6. Remove; chill in ice bath for 30 minutes. Place in cooler overnight.
7. For service, remove from mold, bottom up; slice into 11/2-inch x 31/2-inch rectangles.
Chicken for Pave
1. Fabricate two chickens, removing skin; reserve thighs and legs.
2. Cut breast into long strips mimicking tenderloins.
3. Remove sinew from breast and tenderloins; reserve.
4. Combine porcini powder and Activia; reserve in cheesecloth sachet.
5. Preheat water bath with immersion circulator to 65.55°C; line 6-x 9-x 2-inch pave pan with plastic wrap.
1. Heat olive oil in saute pan, add mushrooms; saute until seared. Add red onions, thyme; continue to saute until cooked.
2. Deglaze pan with red wine; reduce sec. Remove from heat; cool.
3. Clean thighs; remove excess fat and sinew.
4. In food processor, combine chicken thighs with egg yolks and cream; season with salt and pepper; blend. Add sauteed mushrooms and Italian parsley; fold in; reserve.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.