You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: J. Kevin Walker, CMC, director of food, service and clubhouse operations, Grandfather Golf & Country Club, Linville, North Carolina
Sizzle, Winter 2014
4 chicken legs
2 oz. mirepoix
2 T. tomato paste
1 cup red wine
2 cups chicken stock
1 bouquet garni sachet
Standard breading station
1. In saucepan, season and sear chicken legs; remove.
2. Add mirepoix to saucepan; brown. Add tomato paste and pincé. Deglaze with red wine; reduce sec. Add chicken stock; bring to a simmer. Add seared legs; cover. Place in oven; braise until tender.
3. Remove legs from pot; pick meat. Strain braising liquid. Place in saucepan; reduce to consistency. Combine braised meat and half the braising liquid; chill.
4. Scoop chilled braised meat, mold into balls; freeze. Once frozen, bread the balls; fry.
5. Place croquettes in oven to heat through; reserve for service.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.