Butternut Squash Pave
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: J. Kevin Walker, CMC, director of food, service and clubhouse operations, Grandfather Golf & Country Club, Linville, North Carolina
Sizzle, Winter 2014
2 cups cream
½ oz. ginger root, sliced
½ t. cinnamon
1/8 t. allspice
1/8 t. nutmeg
1/8 T. cardamom
1 butternut squash, peeled
1 T. fresh sage, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Line 1½ -2-inch pan with parchment paper.
2. Combine cream with ginger root, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and cardamom; bring to a boil; infuse.
3. Slice squash paper thin.
4. In mixing bowl, combine infused cream, sage, sliced squash; season with salt and pepper.
5. Layer squash in half pan to make pave.
6. Cover with plastic and foil; bake at 350oF for 30-45 minutes, until tender.
7. When finished, remove plastic and foil. Place parchment paper over top, set half pan on top; weight down with number 10 can. Place in cooler; chill overnight.
8. For service, turn out; cut 11/2-inch x 11/2-inch squares. Heat in broiler.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.