You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Chef & Child Ingredient of the Month, January 2015
From the Chef
“This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.”
2 cups (480 ml) chicken broth
2 Tablespoons (30 ml) white wine
½ (35 g) small onion, peeled
½ (31 g) medium carrot
1 (300 g) large Russet potato, baked, quartered
¼ teaspoon caraway seed
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
¼ teaspoon hot sauce
½ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 cups (350 g) chopped cabbage
1. Place broth, wine, onion, carrot, potato, caraway seed, dill weed, hot sauce, salt, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
2. Select Variable 1.
3. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
4. Blend for 6-7 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
5. Meanwhile, cook cabbage in a large skillet with ½-1 cup (120-240 ml) water until tender.
6. Drain excess water. Place cooked cabbage in serving bowls. Pour soup over cabbage.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.