White Chocolate Parsnip Bread Pudding
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Katie Boyts, Pastry Chef, Dooby’s
The National Culinary Review, February 2015
400 g cubed stale sourdough (or any desired bread)
1 cup milk
4 cups cream
168 g granulated sugar
126 g white chocolate
448 g parsnip puree
250 g eggs
2 t. vanilla
Pinch kosher salt
Butterscotch sauce, chiffonade of basil, fresh berries, to garnish
1) Preheat convection oven to 275ºF.
2) Place cubed bread in half hotel pan.
3) Warm milk, cream and sugar in saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Add white chocolate; continue cooking until chocolate melts, stirring occasionally. Add parsnip puree; whisk until combined. Remove from heat.
4) In mixing bowl, whisk eggs until light in color. Temper with chocolate/parsnip mixture. Add vanilla and salt. Mix with immersion blender until smooth.
5) Pour half custard over cubed bread; rest 15 minutes, allowing bread to soak up custard. Pour remaining custard over bread; cover with foil. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Remove foil; bake another 10 minutes, or until custard is set around edges and slightly jiggly in center. Top should be slightly golden-brown.
6) Remove from oven; cool. Wrap; store in refrigerator.
7) To serve, reheat. Garnish with butterscotch sauce, chiffonade of basil and fresh berries.
12 servings (approximately)
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.