White House Peanut Butter Granola Bars
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Margi Fineran, White House Pastry Chef
Chef & Child Ingredient of the Month, February 2015
From the Chef
“This is a no bake granola bar, but I have found it easy to blend together if the oatmeal has been toasted and is still a little warm.
“Of course, this can be made with sunbutter or almond butter.”
2 cups puffed rice
2½ cups puffed millet
4½ cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup raisins
¾ cups sunflower seeds, toasted
¾ cups pumpkin seeds, toasted
½ cup flax seeds
¾ cups toasted unsweetened coconut
1 cup mini chocolate chips
¾ cups honey
¾ cups maple syrup
3 cups (24 oz.) natural peanut butter
1. Put all the ingredients together in a large bowl and mix well to coat everything in peanut butter.
2. Prepare a sheet pan 12×18 in. by lightly brushing it with canola oil.
3. Spread the well mixed ingredients into the prepared pan and smooth evenly with a spatula.
4. It's a stiff mixture, to really push it together, cover with parchment or wax paper and roll it into place with a rolling pin.
5. Chill or freeze before cutting into squares.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.