Middle Eastern Meatballs
You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Katie Cavuto, MS
Chef & Child Ingredient of the Month, March 2015
½ pound lean ground beef
½ pound ground lamb
8 oz whole crimini mushrooms, finely chopped
½ cup cooked bulgur
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 cloves of garlic, grated
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon allspice
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cinnamon stick
16 ounce tomato sauce
1. In a large bowl, combine the meat, mushrooms, bulgur, egg, garlic, herbs and spices through salt and pepper. Mix well, cover and refrigerate for one hour.
2. Preheat oven to 375.
3. Shape the meat mixture into golf ball sized meatballs. Place on an oiled baking dish.
4. Bake the meatballs, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
5. While the meatballs are cooking, heat the tomato sauce and cinnamon stick in a small saucepan.
6. Serve meatballs with tomato sauce for dipping.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.