You must log in to upload a photo.
(unrated) Log in to rate this recipe!
Credit: Joseph Kraft, CEC, CCA, AAC, Chef & Child Vice Chair
Chef & Child Ingredient of the Month, May 2014
15 oz. black beans, canned, drained, rinsed
5 ea. eggs
1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup, 2 tsp. butter, unsalted
¾ cup sugar, granulated
1 tsp. baking powder
1/3 cup, 2 tsp. baking cocoa
½ tsp. baking soda
3 tbsp. butter, unsalted, melted
1 ½ oz. cream cheese
1 1/3 cups powered sugar
3 tbsp. baking cocoa
1 1/8 tsp. skim milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Using a blender, blend black beans, eggs and vanilla until completely liquefied with no lumps.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add baking soda, baking powder and cocoa powder. Set aside.
4. Combine black bean mixture with butter mixture and beat until smooth.
5. Scoop batter into prepared muffin tins.
6. Bake at 385°F for 14-18 min. until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool 5 min. Remove from muffin tins; cool completely on baking rack.
For chocolate frosting:
1. In mixing bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth.
2. Add sugar one cup at a time, next add cocoa powder. Add milk and mix well. Beat at high speed for about 30 sec. Cover and refrigerate until internal temperature reaches 41°F.
ACF reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments.